PDA

View Full Version : my first stab at Party

housenuts
10-19-2004, 05:23 AM
wow. so after hearing many posts about how party is much easier than Stars i decided to take $200 and give it a shot. haha, i just busted out of my first tournament, first hand.

$10+1 - I get TT in CO. A raise to 90 in EP, a few calls, I call, BB raises to 180. Everyone folds, except the person right in front of me who calls. I think for a bit and decide to go all-in. BB folds, and the person in front of me calls.

He has 79s. I laugh for a sec. Then before I know it I have a set, but he makes a straight. I don't really care about the beat. I just started laughing. I'm actually happy because this shows how insanely fishy Party is.

housenuts
10-19-2004, 05:50 AM
by the way this is not my typical play with TT. i don't really know why i did it actually. it was my first go at Party and with only 800 chips i guess i felt like gambling to trying to double up early. maybe this is correct play for $10+1 at party if people are gonna call with total crap thoughh.

Hydro
10-19-2004, 06:10 PM
just because they are fish does not mean they will always lose /images/graemlins/smile.gif sure they call with crap, but i find pokerstars famous river beats to be dominated by parypoker's bad beats, but maybe thats because people play more crap than on pokerstars.

I also put in $55 into pp to test it, got it up to around $400, and than i want crazy (playing $100 sitangoes way out of bankroll) and lost it all, but lesson learned /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

PP shows a better return than pokerstars in the long run to me.