PDA

View Full Version : Strange Ruling

Eder
10-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Playing at Flamingo tonite...on the turn in a hand only 2 players left...1st to act bets...other raises...while 1st player contemplating what to do the dealer collects the bets and deals the river!! Guess what the proceedure was here as ruled by the cardroom?

TripleH68
10-19-2004, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing at Flamingo tonite...on the turn in a hand only 2 players left...1st to act bets...other raises...while 1st player contemplating what to do the dealer collects the bets and deals the river!! Guess what the proceedure was here as ruled by the cardroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing they return the river card to the deck and reshuffle the remaining cards. The player then completes action and if the river card is necessary a new one is turned.

thirddan
10-19-2004, 06:30 AM
thats what they did at Lucky Chances the other night in the same situation. Retun the card, reshuffle, deal new card...Pissed some guy off cuz the original card gave him a flush, but the new one didn't...

the dealer was Kent Washington, the guy from the WSOP episode, nice guy...

Eder
10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Well in this case they asked 1st bettor if he wanted to call the raise...he did then checked the river and folded to a bet from his opponent...incredible that the river card wasnt burned...more incredible was the stupidity of the player

SossMan
10-19-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the dealer was Kent Washington, the guy from the WSOP episode, nice guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably mistake #7 from Kent in his entire dealing career. He's one of the good ones. Too bad he played so badly on TV...

jedi
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well in this case they asked 1st bettor if he wanted to call the raise...he did then checked the river and folded to a bet from his opponent...incredible that the river card wasnt burned...more incredible was the stupidity of the player

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT? Did the player know that the river card was going to stay the same before he called the raise? This is up there among stupid player tricks if he knew but called anyways.

This reminds me of the stud example someone brought up. He had something like Kings showing. The river card was dealt, he bet, opponent called. Hero said "Beat Kings." Opponent: "Crap, I can't beat Kings!"

Stew
10-19-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand??? Are you saying they let the river card stand? Or are you saying they pullled the river card and re-shuffled it in the deck (as opposed to burning it).

I've played at Flamingo and had this happen before and that isn't what they normally do. Was the dealer the old guy that talks too much? Was the floor the big guy with moustache and glasses?

I can certaily see the old guy with glasses make this mistake b/c he's awful and talks too much while dealing. But, the floor always makes the proper ruling.

Eder
10-25-2004, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand??? Are you saying they let the river card stand? Or are you saying they pullled the river card and re-shuffled it in the deck (as opposed to burning it).

I've played at Flamingo and had this happen before and that isn't what they normally do. Was the dealer the old guy that talks too much? Was the floor the big guy with moustache and glasses?

I can certaily see the old guy with glasses make this mistake b/c he's awful and talks too much while dealing. But, the floor always makes the proper ruling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the river card stayed and the floor wasnt called, 2 of us were telling the player not to act, but no no avail. At least I guess my table selection was good haha.

The dealer was a lady about 55 years...made several more minor mistakes but nothing like this incident.