PDA

View Full Version : Quercus' hand spam continues...

Quercus
10-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Less than one rotation at this table. All I know is that MP2 is "any two cards" loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(10 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Weak?

River: (22.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG calls $1 (All-In), UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between Hero, Button, UTG and UTG+2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 3 BB, between Hero, Button, SB and UTG+2.</font>

Jimbobobb
10-19-2004, 01:13 AM
Looks pretty standard to me. You question raising the turn? I don't see why you would do that. Your hand has no showdown value in itself, and raising would probably be neg EV even if button came along to your raise.

nothumb
10-19-2004, 01:22 AM
I disagree about the turn. I think a case can be made for raising, since our Hero just picked up an OESD to go with his flush draw. If button comes along it is clearly +EV, and even if button folds and all others call it is still, I think, +EV even if you consider the outside chance that someone has a straight already.

What makes it even better is that UTG doesn't even have enough to 3-bet you and probably can't drive anyone out.

The more I look at it, the more I say raise the turn. But I've been known to push too hard in these situations.

NT

Jimbobobb
10-19-2004, 01:24 AM
I stand completely corrected with my inability to actually read a board. Missed the straight draw completely. So hero has 6 more outs. 15 outs needs ~3 callers to be +EV, so yup, fire away sir.

Quercus
10-19-2004, 01:32 AM
The second after I hit "check" I started kicking myself.

HajiShirazu
10-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Why would you want to raise the turn. Granted you might be giving up a small fraction of a bet of value, but by raising the turn, you give up the chance to gain up to 1.5 additional bets of pure value on the river if the straight/flush card hits, the original all-in bettor who will bet no matter what bets, and you get a chance to raise.

bisonbison
10-19-2004, 05:33 AM
On the turn:

1. How many outs do you have?
2. How many calls do you expect?

This is simple math. What is your expectation?

Peter Harris
10-19-2004, 05:57 AM
i reckon you could raise the turn, with a straight draw as well as the clubs, you've picked up another 6 outs.

Does he have equity here to raise?? 15 outs, (why does the code say 6 players when there are 5 in the pot?) 5 or 6 way depending on who you believe? He must have equity for a raise.

Regards,
Pete Harris

bisonbison
10-19-2004, 05:59 AM
(why does the code say 6 players when there are 5 in the pot?)

It missed SB's 2nd action on the flop. Quercus, can you PM me the hand?

Quercus
10-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 9h Js (one pair, jacks).
UTG has 7s 4s (straight, eight high).
UTG+2 has Qd 7d (one pair, queens).
Hero has Kc 7c (flush, king high).
Button has Jc Qh (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 28 BB. </font>

meep_42
10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Love the raise on the flop.
Would have loved the raise on the turn (call a 3-bet from UTG).

I definitely think you're making money with a raise here, since you can expect all three ahead of you to call one more. The only risk is if UTG 3-bets you and gets them to fold to 2 more cold.

-d

SomethingClever
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
10 players to the flop!!!!

Maybe 1/2 is juicier than I remember...

gvibes
10-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I think meep is spot on here.