PDA

View Full Version : Fake KEMs on ebay??

Mars357
10-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Has anyone ever seen or heard of fake KEM cards being sold on ebay? I bought a two deck set of scroll style from ebay seller itscheaponline (I know, I know!!). They came today and the quality is AWEFUL! The colors on the backs of the decks don't match (some look faded) and many of the cards have ink streaks or spots on the backs as well.

I've heard a lot of good things about KEM but either they are suffering quality control problems, I just got a bad pack (which had two bad decks), or this seller sold me seconds/knockoffs....

UGH!!!

caser85
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a fake deck to me. I can't imagine KEM making that bad of a deck. Mine are from someone on eBay and the quality is great. I would definitely try to send these back to the seller. Hopefully they work with you.

Mars357
10-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey! where in Texas? I'm in the Austin area....

Cassius
10-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Hey, I just bought two decks from the same seller, one deck seems great, but the other seems thicker than the good one, and there's ink sreaks on the backs of about seven of the cards. Now if the fronts were streaked, i wouldn't care, but the deck is useless once everyone knows what the 7 of clubs looks like.

Mars357
10-19-2004, 06:54 AM
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif?

Interesting, same card that's streaked on my deck...

I got a reply from the seller this morning. I'll send it to you in a PM if you'd like to see what he told me.

KEM has such a great reputation that I can't imagine them having quality problems like this. I think we may have fakes....I'm going to call KEM today and see what they have to say about these cards. I'll post what I find out.

oljumpstart
10-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I remember reading here in the past that a lot of KEM's 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif were defective, but never the less it sounds as though your problems are far worse than just that.

Cassius
10-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah totally hit me back when you have a chance, thanks.

Mars357
10-19-2004, 09:12 PM
So I called KEM today to see if they could help me figure out if these decks were fakes. They aren't. The guy asked me for the name of the person who sold them to me and he actually knew the guy was a KEM dealer....so that's cool. KEM also offered to make the decks right but said they wouldn't be able to do it until January because apparently they have pretty much NO stock left.

The ebay seller has been a total stud! He apologized for the problem and offered to send me a new set. He asked for only the problem cards back and even offered to send me another set at his cost to make up for the hastle. He responded quickly and has been very helpful and professional.

This is my report /images/graemlins/smile.gif