PDA

View Full Version : I play lucky or I play goot

MEbenhoe
10-18-2004, 09:26 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

exist
10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
lucky.

MEbenhoe
10-18-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I did have 8 outs on the flop and 15 outs on the turn so the subject was more of a joke. I was actually looking more for commentary on the way I played that hand. Specifically if the turn bet is a good play here.

exist
10-18-2004, 10:52 PM
well, i think the flop call is too loose. the turn bet is not a good idea because you will virtually never have everyone fold, so i don't think there is any real benefit over checking and calling. betting the turn also risks a raise. what was your thought process when you decided to bet the turn?

ALL1N
10-18-2004, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, i think the flop call is too loose

[/ QUOTE ]

There was I thinking a value checkraise is in order, and you're saying calling is too loose. Wow!

MEbenhoe
10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, i think the flop call is too loose. the turn bet is not a good idea because you will virtually never have everyone fold, so i don't think there is any real benefit over checking and calling. betting the turn also risks a raise. what was your thought process when you decided to bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the flop call possibly too loose? I am getting 7:1 odds and closing the betting when I'm a little under 6:1 to hit my straight on the turn. Plus the backdoor flush draw and implied pot odds would allow me to make this call with even lower than 6:1 pot odds. The fact that I have more than this makes this an easy call.

When I picked up the flush draw on the turn I now have 15 outs. By betting the turn it doesnt look like I'm on a draw and then if I hit on the river it leaves open the possibility of someone raising my bet behind me and allowing me to 3 bet. Also I have enough pot equity on the turn that any bets or raises should be beneficial to me.

That was my thinking.

exist
10-18-2004, 11:22 PM
how embarrassing, i didn't pay enough attention. double gutter. i'm sooooo retarded.

MEbenhoe
10-18-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how embarrassing, i didn't pay enough attention. double gutter. i'm sooooo retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda was hoping that was the case. It makes your previous comments make more sense. But ya never know I've seen people make posts much worse than that and it wasn't because they missed something.

exist
10-18-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By betting the turn it doesnt look like I'm on a draw and then if I hit on the river it leaves open the possibility of someone raising my bet behind me and allowing me to 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think this parlay of events should be at the forefront of your thought when considering whether to bet the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I have enough pot equity on the turn that any bets or raises should be beneficial to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be true if all the players stay in but it's likely that if there is a raise one or two of your opponents will drop out and the bets going in on the turn will be negative or close to neutral EV for you. for a bet from you to be positive EV, all opponents will have to call (regardless of whether your bet gets raised or not). if all of your opponents will call, i think it is likely that one of them would bet anyway, giving you the benefit of a positive EV bet (if all call) without the risk of a raise knocking out any players.

joker122
10-19-2004, 12:21 AM
I'd lead the flop and the turn.

Nemesis
10-19-2004, 02:59 AM
I think a flop check raise and turn bet are an excellent play here. You will knock out the vast majority of your opponents on the turn, and if you do happen to have a caller you get a lot of outs.