PDA

View Full Version : OT: Computer Help, Please!

player1
10-18-2004, 09:24 PM
hello,

my dell 9100 notebook is acting a little goofy.

when i go to "display properties" -> "appearance" -> "effects", i have the "show window contents while dragging" checkbox checked. however, every time i reboot, this checkbox always goes unchecked. is there a way for me to keep this checkbox to always in the checked state?

i even considered creating a batch file that would automatically set the "DragFullWindows" registry value to 1 every time i restarted the computer. however, this values stays set to 1 even after i reboot the computer. however, the "show window contents while dragging" checkbox does not correspond by staying unchecked.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jc

illunious
10-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Maybe this will help

[ QUOTE ]
The Show window contents while dragging checkbox will be disabled after rebooting any Dell Dimension system with Dell Media Experience (DMX) installed. Even if this option is selected in the Screen Properties window, it will be disabled upon reboot. This is done by design to enhance DMX program reliability. As a workaround, remove DMX from the startup programs list. You may then manually load DMX once the system has booted, and the checkbox settings will remain intact.

[/ QUOTE ]

player1
10-19-2004, 08:52 AM
ahh...

i remember enabling/activating DMX to that i could disable the constant splash screen.

thank you so much,
jc