PDA

View Full Version : FOX/FX Snafu in Austin with Sox/Yankee game HELP

ohkanada
10-18-2004, 09:10 PM
The Fox station has switched the Sox game off of Fox so that the Houston game can be shown. But unfortunately the FX channel is still showing it.

I called a Fox number and left a message but couldnt find a number where a human answered.

Ken

Dynasty
10-18-2004, 09:12 PM
For now, follow the game updates on mlb.com or espn.com. And, check out the thread here for "analysis".

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For now, follow the game updates on mlb.com or espn.com. And, check out the thread here for "analysis".

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

ohkanada
10-18-2004, 09:18 PM
I did find a link and sent email to the station.

Ken

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Call this number. (512) 495-7771

If that fails, try this one. (512) 472-0988

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 09:27 PM
To follow up, the first number is their engineering dept. If you get a real person, ask to speak with "master control". Those are the guys that control the feeds.

Most likely, your regional cable provider is more likely to blame, but complaining to your local affiliate never hurts.

The second number dials directly to the news department. Trust me, they're being flooded with calls already...

ohkanada
10-18-2004, 09:32 PM
I left a message on the engineering one.

I do have direct tv, but I can't imagine they have to do something. I would have guessed it would be fox.

Ken

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I left a message on the engineering one.

I do have direct tv, but I can't imagine they have to do something. I would have guessed it would be fox.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have Direct TV, then you're pretty much hosed. You're getting the national FX feed, which is sending the Cards/Stros to most of the country since the rest of us are still watching the Yanks/Bos.

Not much you can do, although I still think you'd enjoy calling the newsroom number and harrassing them.

ohkanada
10-18-2004, 09:38 PM
This bites.

Thanks for the info.

Ken

Six_of_One
10-19-2004, 12:07 PM
This wasn't a mistake; this is Fox policy in dealing with situations like this. According to their contract with MLB, they must show a game in its entirety in the home markets. Thus, in Texas you got the Houston game, while the rest of the country was still watching the Yankees-Red Sox. They put the Houston game on FX for the rest of the country. Although they can divide the Fox network feed according to region of the country, they cannot do the same with FX. Thus, people in Texas or St. Louis got screwed. But nothing you can do about it, that's their policy.