PDA

View Full Version : Got the brown trout routine at Pacific tonight!

FatLoser
10-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I got the brown trout question at PacificPoker tonight, but couldnt figure out who of you here that was behind the name. So, who are you?

-FatLoser

Equal
10-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Yo it was me. I hoped capitalizing "EQUAL" in the chat would clue you in, but I couldn't figure out a good enough sentence to work it into lol.

FatLoser
10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Lol, yeah, it was me who was a little stupid. I havent been reading the forums all that much lately so I didnt recognize the name Equal but now it makes sense =)

Equal
10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
What I can't figure out is what the other people at the table think when reading our chat. I can't believe no one else commented on anything we said.

GrannyMae
10-18-2004, 07:17 PM
i got the question/statement in a cheapo SnG yesterday or day before, but he would not tell me who he was either. of course, it is my fault for playing as Granny_Mae, so i don't fault him. i do think we were the best 2 playing for sure.

here's the best part. we were at 11 players. one more elimination and we combine tables (2 table SnG). fellow trout is on my left.

i have AQ.
both of us had big stacks. there was some preflop raising that found us heads up.

i am the aggressor on a Q99 flop. he smooth calls. turn is raggedy and i bet again. he comes over top and i huddle. i did not put him on ANY hand that could contain a nine because he had reraised me before flop. i knew he did not have quad nines because he pulled the trigger too soon. i knew he did not flop a house because he pulled the trigger too soon. i put him on exactly one of these hands.

10 10
JJ
AQ (which we chop)
KK

anyhoo, i decide he has AQ and call all-in. sure enough, he had KK and granny was out to the trout who remained nameless. i wonder if he won it?

message to this person-- PM ME AND TELL ME WHO THE FUK U ARE
(please)

well played btw

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/ups/DeNiro/jaws.gif

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course, it is my fault for playing as Granny_Mae, so i don't fault him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think it should be common courtesy to send a PM to someone if you're dropping that line, but aren't identifiable. I play as Nolanfan34 on Stars and Empire, and people drop this line to me, but never tell me who they are. It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious most of the time.

FatLoser
10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I thought about that too, maybe they're just as clueless about everything as they are about poker?

FatLoser
10-18-2004, 07:58 PM
I agree about that. Getting that line makes me curious too.

cnfuzzd
10-19-2004, 03:03 AM
how about: "Hey, i use the name equal on the other site..."

always works for me. but then again, people always know me cause i am the one rebuying every five minutes...

peace

john nickle

Evan
10-19-2004, 03:14 AM
I've never had someone not tell me who they were. Did you try sending them a message with an invite?

cnfuzzd
10-19-2004, 04:24 AM
some people, mostly at micro, are needlessly pissy about not revealing thier 2+2 names. Some players, usually at higher stakes games, try very hard to keep thier handles secret, since its probably -EV to have a lot of other higher stakes players know that you are a highly specific species of fish.

peace

john nickle

Rudbaeck
10-19-2004, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some players, usually at higher stakes games, try very hard to keep thier handles secret, since its probably -EV to have a lot of other higher stakes players know that you are a highly specific species of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never found cause to treat 2+2'ers any different than the two million other little green money bags that insist on trying to steal my fishes.

Only time I really stop and ponder is if someone who is flagged as a rock or a maniac suddenly does the Trout.