PDA

View Full Version : How Many Sit & Gos an Hour?

ThorGoT
10-18-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm curious how many sit&gos people here play (on an hourly basis). My *general* experience is that I can start 4 low-level games, and add, say, 1 or 2 if I bust out in the first few levels. (And, based on *one whole day* of experience, I am a winner doing this.) It takes about an hour to complete the last one -- maybe a little less, but then I rest for a few minutes before starting another round. As a side note, I don't like to be in different stages in different games at the same time, although I know other people play it differently. But I'd be curious to know what people with more accurate stats (or equally nebulous anecdotal experience) are doing.

Solitare
10-18-2004, 07:02 PM
I kept detailed stats (to the minute) on 200 $20 and $10 SnGs on Party and averaged 35 minutes a SnG.

The Yugoslavian
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
That's roughly my average too, for what it's worth. My average is a bit higher, between 35-40 minutes/SNG seems right.

Marcotte
10-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Through my first 80 (logged) 10+1s, I've averaged 41.025 min each. I will wait until I reach 100 to post my entire stats, but my ITM is 41.3%

Oh, and I usually only play one at a time, though I have done 2 at a time of 3 or 4 occasions.

AleoMagus
10-19-2004, 02:12 AM
I experiment with different things all the time, but recently I have been doing something that I will probably stick with for a while.

I start 4 SNGs and just play until they are all done without starting any new games. This way, it is very easy to manage in the early levels and is still easy near the end when I need to act more often (unless I am fortunate enough to money in them all).

I generally take a small break after one 4 SNG set, so I just record it all as 1 hr of play no matter how I do.

In the grand scheme I don't really see much reason to be super precise about this sort of thing. After all, you TRUE hourly wage playing poker has to actually include a lot of other factors like reading/studying etc...

I have really been liking this method and find it is the most $/hr profitable approach I have ever taken.

Regards
Brad S