PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30 how should I have played this?

BurnsvilleCardClub
10-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Pretty nice PP 15/30 the other night- Wondering how I could have played this better......

Hero is UTG+1 with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero raises, folded to UTG+3 who 3 bets it
C/O calls, button folds, blinds fold- 3 way flop
flop= A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, UTG+3 bets, C/O calls, Hero calls
turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, UTG+3 bets, C/O folds, Hero calls
River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets out, UTG+3 raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG+3 calls

what would you guys put UTG+3 on in this situation? and how do you think I should have played this?

mmcd
10-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Play it fast on the flop/turn. If either one of them has a big Ace, you want to play a big pot. This is a situation where you should ABSOLUTELY NOT slowplay a flopped boat. If neither of them have an Ace you have to worry about the turn getting check through (after all you did open raise in EP and call on that flop) I'd checkraise the flop, flat-call any further bets, and then lead (with intention of 3-betting) the turn.

btw: he has AJ AK or 99.

BurnsvilleCardClub
10-18-2004, 06:59 PM
UTG+3 had Q,Q for Queens full of Aces to beat Hero's 7's full of aces.

mmcd
10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+3 had Q,Q for Queens full of Aces to beat Hero's 7's full of aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak non 4-bet by him on the river.

BurnsvilleCardClub
10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Thats what I was thinnking. He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

King_J
10-18-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats what I was thinnking. He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace beats you too

lostinthought
10-18-2004, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace beats you too

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the post?

A couple of aces beat him, but not just any ace.

wake up

bobbyi
10-18-2004, 10:24 PM
No, you should wake up. The situation is 77 vs QQ on an AA7 board. If an ace comes, the QQ has aces full of queens to beat hero's aces full of sevens. Thus the claim that QQ is a "two-outer" is false, as it's really a four outer. That's the point he was making. If you don't understand what's being dicussed (you apparently thought he was talking about alternate enemy holdings rather than the outs for QQ), you would be better off asking for clarification politely rather than being so rude. Please try to keep up with us here.

flawless_victory
10-19-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, you should wake up. The situation is 77 vs QQ on an AA7 board. If an ace comes, the QQ has aces full of queens to beat hero's aces full of sevens. Thus the claim that QQ is a "two-outer" is false, as it's really a four outer. That's the point he was making. If you don't understand what's being dicussed (you apparently thought he was talking about alternate enemy holdings rather than the outs for QQ), you would be better off asking for clarification politely rather than being so rude. Please try to keep up with us here.

[/ QUOTE ]
lololol... wake up! this guy beat me to it...

Lawrence Ng
10-19-2004, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 4 outs, and yes it's very believable.

fearme
10-19-2004, 04:22 AM
if ur not gonna raise on the flop checkraise him on the turn, if u checkraise flop and he has ak u might get a lot of action,

TStoneMBD
10-19-2004, 04:58 AM
i personally like the checkcall on the flop, then i would lead the turn hoping to be raises in which case I would 3bet.

if the guy has AK then I think this is the best way to make the most money, if he has a PP then I wouldn't want to lose him on the flop.

steeser
10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
I would have definitely raised the turn. Then bet out at the river and called his likely raise.

elindauer
10-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Don't slowplay the flop. There are plenty of hands that will give you lots of action, and your hand can't stand THAT much action on later streets anyways. Go ahead and attack the flop.

Good luck.
Eric

steveyz
10-19-2004, 03:11 PM
AK/QQ/99 are all possible. AJs as well. I think your line is ok if you think UTG+3 would fold KK/QQ/JJ/TT for a turn check-raise, but usually I would check raise this turn. A big ace will 3-bet you and you can cap.

skipc
10-19-2004, 04:39 PM
slow playing the flop is a mistake. slow playing the turn is a bigger mistake. looks like you let him get to the river cheaply and it cost you. a raise in either spot might get him to lay his hand down. you raised pre flop and called thereafter. weak!!!

Masquerade
10-19-2004, 05:07 PM
As you raised UTG pre-flop there is a ready-made "obvious" hand of Ax for them to put you on. Therefore I would have check-raised the flop and come out betting on the turn, looking like a man with AK or AQs worried about flush draws. I don't see him going to river under this scenario.

skp
10-19-2004, 05:25 PM
But this analysis implies that you want QQ to fold before the river. Why would you want that? It's only a 4 outer - the equivalent of a gutshot.

The concern here should not be "how do I get my opponent out?". The question is "how do I milk this guy to the max?"

For lots of reasons already identified by the others, I like the flop checkraise as the route that fetches the most milk.

So, we say the same thing: Play it fast. But the reason why we say that appears to be different. I have no desire to have QQ fold. Hell, if I knew that he would fold to a flop or turn checkraise, then I wouldn't checkraise and I would play it the way the poster played it.

bobbyi
10-19-2004, 10:23 PM
If I were elected president, I would immediately try to get a law passed saying that anyone who slowplays a hand and then gets beat loses the priviledge of referring to it as an "awful beat".