PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy?

01-18-2002, 01:51 PM
A friend of mine called me and suggested I buy

Calpine.I looked at the options and there is no

meat on them.Typically I don't follow others recommendations but I thought I might take a flyer

on this stock...any comments?

01-18-2002, 04:35 PM
I am not sure what all Calpine does, but I took a quick look at the chart and it seems like it is "finding buyers" down here. Meaning you don't want to be one of them.

And if it's somehow involved in the Enron thing, or some other Iraq/CA energy nonsense, chances are the options already have more implied than they should.

The only other thing I know about it is it comes recommended, which is as good a statistical tipoff as anything, I guess.

So, maybe it's going to go up, but I would find it hard to believe you can't think of anywhere better to spread your capital around.

Maybe I'll look at it more later. But, for real, are you really going to do what I say? Nah, what good would that do anybody?

eLROY

01-18-2002, 06:37 PM
The friend that bought it acquired it at 50 and

refused to get out.He told me I would be throwing the dice.I am not a stock trader but I spent a

total of 10 minutes researching the stock.Much of what I read I did not understand bit all that I read was negative..That is why I am considering the stock.And yes I would listen to your recommendation regarding stocks and would at least examine any situation you thought was interesting.I don't duplicate others trades.I have known and do know many successful traders and I could do this if I wanted to.Here is the problem.If an event occurs you never know if you should get out or add or whatever.