PDA

View Full Version : Tripple stop n' go

joker122
10-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Opponent is unknown

I open raise UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Only button and BB call.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, button calls 2 cold, BB calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, I raise, button folds, BB calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I call.

I think every street is debatable, but the turn raise is probably the most suspect. I basically didn't believe BB had me beat. Button complicated things though, and I thought he would fold some hands that I'd want him to fold if I confronted him with 2 bets.

J.R.
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't like the river call, but my curiosity would be high so it would be hard to fold in the heat of the moment.

ALL1N
10-18-2004, 11:32 PM
I play it the same, but fold the river.

Scotch78
10-19-2004, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent is unknown

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how are you so certain you're ahead? Also, what site and limit?

Scott

joker122
10-19-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then how are you so certain you're ahead? Also, what site and limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party 5/10. I know, it sounds pretty dumb, but for some reason I just thought the stop n go here was bullshit. Also, I assure you that I'm not saying that because of the results (he had 63o) but I actually had a gut instinct throughout the hand.

I felt the river call was easy as it looked much like a desperation bet.

Scotch78
10-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Having a very strong read is the only reason I'd play this hand like that, but you seem to have had that. In which case, I say review all the hands you saw this fish play and try to understand how your instincts made this read so that you can do it again.

Scott

joker122
10-19-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having a very strong read is the only reason I'd play this hand like that, but you seem to have had that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I had no read whatsoever, but this guy turned out to be a huge donator.

Scotch78
10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm calling your gut instinct a sort of read. Thus the advice to figure out why your gut told you the stop-n-go was bullshit so that you can make these actual reads in the future. The other option is that you're a superstitious fish who got lucky and is now being results-oriented. You pick /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scott

joker122
10-19-2004, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other option is that you're a superstitious fish who got lucky and is now being results-oriented. You pick

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a toss-up.

DrGutshot
10-19-2004, 02:03 AM
I think I'd play it the same, nh. When I see stop+go like this I often get shown midpair midkicker at the showdown.

-DrG