PDA

View Full Version : check-raise on the flop? fold the 3-bet on the turn?

Marc Desjardins
10-18-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a very hard time deciding when it's appropriate to slow play or when a situation is good for a check-raise. Also, I wonder if my betting on the turn was good, what the hell could he have?? I think I did ok considering BB had maniacal tendencies...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (16.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

davelin
10-18-2004, 04:46 PM
You don't know where the bet will come from so just bet the flop. Yes, 3-bet the turn. Your line is fine.

DMBFan23
10-18-2004, 04:48 PM
you played this perfectly. you VERY likely had the best hand here. if he has AA, or some janky runner runner flush (K/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif?), then oh well...

what was your question? should you have check raised the flop? I dont think so, unless you had a REALLY strong read that CO or Button would bet. I like betting these hands myself, especially when any K will raise me.

if you are asking if you should have folded instead of 3 betting the turn, the answer is hell no. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
10-18-2004, 04:49 PM
you gotta bet this flop because you dont' know where a bet's coming from.

I wouldn't slow down on the turn and folding would be ludacris. The only time I'd slowdown is if I got raised on the river.