PDA

View Full Version : My first bust out hand from a live game.

PITTM
10-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in LP. In the lucky chances 1/1/2 game(4 to go). 2 limpers for 4, i raise it to 11. 1 caller. flop comes Q99 rainbow. limper bets out 10, i raise to 35. (I started the hand with about 84, while he had about 60. so my bet pretty much puts him all in. he calls and shows me 97o, and badda bing im done. My friend got his stack to around 350 before we left though, that was pretty nice.

rj

PITTM
10-18-2004, 04:11 PM
i had 24 left but i was in a bad mood so i just cashed it out.

rj

Zag
10-18-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had 24 left but i was in a bad mood so i just cashed it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a smart move. I wish I did it more often. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only advice I would have on the hand would be to know your opponent. Would he bet out with a Q, or only with a 9, on that flop? Would he have raised preflop with KQ?

The bottom line is that you made money against him, in theory. He put in 1/5 of his stack preflop with 97. There was no way he had implied odds to call with that garbage, even if you are someone who never folds if you have raised preflop.

There was very little chance you would get away from this flop for less than the remaining 4/5 of his stack, which was only 2.5 times the pot. You played it fine.

Wayfare
10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Can you please start a livejournal and not post every time you lose on the forums? This post adds absolutely nothing of value.

It's really silly to treat this board as some kind of diary.

PITTM
10-18-2004, 05:14 PM
it was intended as a "could i have gotten away from this hand" "i thought the guy had QJ or KQ kind of post". but if youre feeling whiney, you can add me to your ignore list. i would generally rather get good advice on my questions anyways...

rj

Justin A
10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2 limpers for 4, i raise it to 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. Limp in or raise more. This raise does almost nothing for you.

Justin A

Wayfare
10-18-2004, 05:44 PM
I try to be helpful with all the advice I give. Notice what I posted above is more of a request rather than advise, but I would bet you would get more constructive responses if you didn't clutter up the forum with bulls____ all the time.

I sort of feel sorry for you that you can't get over losing a stack here and there.

As to the hand, if you want to play a small pot either get it heads up with a raise to $16-$20 or limp along and try to get in multiway. I like the latter option more.

PITTM
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
well, im glad you feel sorry for me, but i dont ask that. i lost here, i wanted to see what other people would have done. i guess that means im begging for pity. i made 2 posts about the trip, both of them were optomistic and i didnt particularly care about losing my stack. i was asking for advice. however, i have found youre very good at being a giant douchebag, thanks for that at least...

rj

Wayfare
10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however, i have found youre very good at being a giant douchebag, thanks for that at least...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

That sir, is assuredly true.

Sponger15SB
10-18-2004, 08:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Aren't live games way more aggresive preflop? Shouldn't your PRF be to like $16 at least?

Sponger15SB
10-18-2004, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you please start a livejournal and not post every time you lose on the forums? This post adds absolutely nothing of value.

It's really silly to treat this board as some kind of diary.

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is Sponger15SB and I approve this message.