PDA

View Full Version : i'm wundering

06-27-2002, 11:38 AM
if i coulld get your feedback on how both players played this hand.

la mid limit game, usual (whatever that means?) type line up

it's 3 limpers to me on the button, when i stare down and see black kings, and raise. small blind drops, big blind and limpers call.

flop - Ac Ad 3c, checked to me who bets, big blind check raises, folded to me who, without a second thought, 3 bets, big blind calls.

turn - 7c, check, bet, call.

river - 10c, check, bet, call.

yeah i sucked out and went runner, runner for the flush, big blind mucks his A rag off suit.

the big blind seemed to be a straight forward type of player who i dont't think would check raise bluff on the expensive streets so i was prepared to muck on a turn or river check raise, i would also feel "queasy" if he bets into me, but would (probably?) call.

should my play have been different if only one A appeared on the flop, assuming he plays the flop the same way?

like i said i'm really interested in your feedback on both sides of this.

i'm soliciting your advice because i ......... nonothing.

06-27-2002, 11:41 AM

06-28-2002, 05:45 AM
You could just check the flop, saving money when someone has an ace, and inducing bluffs when they don't. The only draw, clubs, at least gives you a redraw.

Calling the check-raise is player dependent. Against a weak player you could fold. Many players are likely enough to have middle pairs rather than an A to limp and then show aggression on a paired flop, so you can't fold all the time.

Part of this comes down to your own raising frequency. If you "usually" have an A to raise pre-flop, you can pass here, knowing that if he bluffed you out, his aggression will cost him money in the long run. If you've been raising on all sorts of stuff, at least in your opponent's mind, you have to call here. That's actually part of the reason I check the flop with KK. It increases the chance that my bet is an A. I'm much happier to bet the flop with AK or with nothing, where I have either a good money making opportunity or a simple fold if someone check-raises.

Betting the turn was silly. You've just bought your free card, so take it. You were going to pass to a raise on the turn? That shows why you shouldn't bet.