PDA

View Full Version : TT makes the set -- lay it down on the river?

meep_42
10-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (12.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

-d

John Paul
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I think in this situation I would call, although I would not be surprsied if I lost. When the river raises hit you there were about 18BB in the pot. Your opponents could be betting on flushes. But they might also have Ax giving them one or two pair. They have no idea you have trips, so they might think you are betting with a high pair. I think the pot odds favor a call here.

Entity
10-18-2004, 01:40 PM
No, you can't lay it down on this river. If it was a 4-flush on board, you could lay it down to a bet and a raise, but not with a 3-flush, when the A just showed up (and someone hit their two pair). Sometimes you lose to a flush, but you win this way more often than 10% of the time.

Your turn checkraise was really bad, just FYI. What were you trying to accomplish with it? When you've got a set, you want as much money as possible going into the pot.

afk
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Call the river.

But more importantly, why did you check-raise the turn? And how did you know where the bet would come from? Bet out on the turn instead.

davelin
10-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Bet the turn. Fold the river? No way.

meep_42
10-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I can't tell you what I was thinking with the turn checkraise, FPS, most likely. With no aggression shown, this was probably a really poor play which could have allowed all the draws to come in for free.

-d

radek2166
10-18-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your turn checkraise was really bad, just FYI. What were you trying to accomplish with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just look for my last few post with trying to get fancy. Bet it and they will follow.