PDA

View Full Version : super system, buy now or wait for part 2?

mostsmooth
10-18-2004, 12:57 PM
havent read super system yet, should i buy it now and read it and part 2, or should i just wait for part 2? i mean , are the topics supposed to be the same with different authors or?

jakethebake
10-18-2004, 01:15 PM
I understand that SS2 is VERY different from the original. Given that the original is a must read (IMO) and has a lot of very relevant stuff, I'd buy it now and get the new one as well when it's available.

10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
The SS is now useless. The SS2 replaces it. The exceptions are the forms the SS2 does not cover.

jakethebake
10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
You believe SS's NLHE section is useless? Tell us why specifically.

oscar057
10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
I think the Super System is still a great book and should be read. I would read both along with a host of other books. I do not think there is a single authoritative book on poker.

captZEEbo1
10-23-2004, 05:34 PM
It depends what you are looking for mostly. If you'd be interested in reading 5 card Draw Poker, lowball, hi/lo split (no qualifier) [not really played anymore; it's different than lo 8/better], and 7card stud, it's pretty good. If you are really looking for a book on limit and NL poker, this book isn't really for you. I think the limit, and NL sections aren't that great. You'd be much better off getting Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players, High-Low Split Poker for Advanced Players, Small Stakes Hold'Em, Hold ‘em Poker for Advanced Players, Pot Limit and No Limit Poker, and of course, the Theory of Poker. But it all depends on what you're looking for. I think the Super System 2 will have much better sections on limit and NL, so I guess it depends on what game you play mostly. My guess is you'd either be better off waiting for Super System II, or getting individual books that you're interested in.