PDA

View Full Version : Copag customer service

StevieG
10-18-2004, 12:17 PM
I had a problem with Copag Poker size (wide) cards. The cards are nice, but on the red deck, some of the ink from oblique sides transferred to the face of adjacent cards.

I called the service number listed on the "Guarantee card" and was told it was a known problem and they would send out a replacement deck. That was October 7th. The cards arrived today on the 18th with a hand signed note apologizing for the inconvenience.

The note also said they are planning a new line specific to the American market by the end of this year.

Considering KEM is AWOL, Copag looks ready to eat their lunch.

GoblinMason (Craig)
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
That's encouraging. I just bought 2 sets that should be arriving soon. Other than the customer service, do you also like the cards themselves?

-Craig

stom
10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Considering KEM is AWOL, Copag looks ready to eat their </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by KEM is awol?

rem172
10-18-2004, 04:46 PM
They broke down there press to move to a new location. They made what they thought was a years supply. They greatly underestimated the demand. I think that is what he is refering to.

X-Files
10-18-2004, 05:08 PM
I just got my Copag cards. I have not played with them yet but they are pretty cool. I got them on eBay for $18.90 including shipping. I am still awaiting my KEM's and my chips from pokerchips.com

caser85
10-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah it's pretty messed up how KEM is out of everything. It's really hard to find the Arrow design, for instance. Copag is really going to give them some tough competition if they don't get their act together.

StevieG
10-18-2004, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They broke down there press to move to a new location. They made what they thought was a years supply. They greatly underestimated the demand. I think that is what he is refering to.

[/ QUOTE ]

And while they are out of operation, there is no way to replace damaged cards. This leads directly to someone like me trying out Copag in the first place...

MIKSEN
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
These Copag Cards are the real deal, 2 weeks going 3 tournaments &amp; they are Brand New no warping No marking GREAT - Look out KEM

MSPatton
10-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Next Monday the 25th Copag begins their official U.S. release.
Until now everything has been imported from Brazil, they will begin
shipping from their U.S. warehouse with 8 different deck packs 4 of
which are wide sized including one that looks simular to the Kem Blackjack
backs. We expect to have our initial order on 11/2 and can't wait!

StevieG
10-19-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's encouraging. I just bought 2 sets that should be arriving soon. Other than the customer service, do you also like the cards themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do. Flexible, seem durable. Some may not care for the big index and squared-off font, but that's fine with me.

They don't have that "stickiness" in the shuffle that KEMs can sometimes pick up. Of course, have not played with these as much as the KEMs yet.

MSPatton
10-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Did I mention that 4 of the 8 double decks coming are regular index cards!
Total 4 wide, 4 bridge, 4 jumbo index, 4 regular index.
Someting for everyone

Copag U.S. Releases (http://www.holdempokerchips.com/products.asp?cat=25)