PDA

View Full Version : First PLHE hand ever!!!!!

06-26-2002, 05:51 PM
I am in the BB with AK off the table is short 5 handed blinds 10-20. I have AK off suit. It is raised by UTG who by watching the game before I sat down was very aggressive. He made it 60 to go I was the only caller from BB.

The flop is 10-3-6 off suit. I make a big mistake and fire at it with a 40.00 bet. I knew it was wrong as soon as I did it. He comes over the top with a pot sized raise. Since he knew I made a mistake and I knew he could smell a rookie, can I make a call here? results down a few lines.

I ended up putting himm all in with his last 5 chips. I would not have done it if he had more chips but I figured I was right on my read and if not, a great lesson learned. I tuned over my AK and he turned his over when a Q hit the turn he had AQ. The river is a K and I take it down. I know I won but is this a call any other experienced player would make or am I just over thinking it?

06-26-2002, 11:36 PM
What would it take to get you to fold AK on the flop? It doesn't sound like anything is going to move you off the hand, so I'm not sure why you didn't just put the chips in before the flop. When it comes back $60, you can make it $190, which will pretty much commit his stack (or he might fold).

07-03-2002, 04:49 AM
Why did you take the BB.Your 1st PLHE hand should have arrived in the cut-off seat