PDA

View Full Version : Playing in the SB with Kx

Grisgra
10-18-2004, 11:52 AM
I usually open-raise with it in the SB with K6o or better, or Kx suited, and call with it in the SB when:

1) The table is passive (little fear of being raised in the BB unless he has a premium hand)
2) The open-limper is not aggressive. The fact that he open-limped means he probably isn't /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
3) There is only one open-limper. (Though I'll play K8o or K9o with two limpers.)

I'm guessing that this is going to be interpreted as too loose by most folks here -- but, it seems to me that folding this might be -EV given how many people open-limp with AnyTwoSuited or A-rag.

Opins?

MisterKing
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
As is always the case, game conditions matter. My answer comes with 5-max 1/2 on Paradise as a backdrop.

I'm open-raising with Kx on the button if its folded to me in all games, and open-raising in very passive games in the CO when folded to me. In games where I don't have a read or where the passivity is lower, I'll often fold K9o in this spot. I will fold otherwise, outside the blinds.

In the SB, I will raise 100% of the time HU against the BB with Kx. I expect this is an outright no-brainer and commonly done. With a late limper, I may do this as well, assuming the limper is as you say (passive) and the BB is unlikely to 3-bet with anything short of TT/KQs/AQ+. Two limpers, and I'm chucking it. Don't know if this is a good play or not, but it is my line. In the BB, if the SB completes and its HU, I will often raise the Kx hands.

Should add that K2 and K3 are often not playable by my standards in any of these spots, unless suited. Not enough ways to win.

DonFacehead
10-18-2004, 03:42 PM
raise it vs anyone no matter what his type is

MisterKing
10-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Oh, right. So raise against a guy with VP$IP of 15%? Or 10%? And an aggression factor of 1.5+? Riiiiight.