PartyPoker: 224 $215 S&G(NL) +11,025

ROI(Not Including NL Cash): 64%

Total Hours: 76

Hourly Rate: $453.64

Net Profit: $34,477

Losing Sessions: ZERO

The Yugoslavian
10-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Jesus, that sure looks to be a good run!

Keep up the good work, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

willie
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
ah, you're rediculous.

good god.

The Yugoslavian
10-18-2004, 02:22 PM
What???

W00lygimp
10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Zero losing sessions?
PartyPoker: 2 $162 Multi's -324

PartyPoker: 2 $55 Multi's (speed) -110

maybe im confused...

fiyah
10-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Gigabet,

Would you mind telling us what strategy you are using to do so well in the MTTs?

Gigabet
10-18-2004, 04:28 PM
By session meaning, the time I sit down in a day and start playing, until the time I break....usually 3 to 4 hours. During those speed tourneys I was also playing 3 215 S&G at Party, and a NL cash game at UB. So while I did lose those speed games, the overall session was in the positive.

I made that comment because it is incredible unlikely(at least for me) to go through that long of a time period without a losing session. Especially when a person plays as many hours as I do, although this week was short for me, I missed two full days. I don't have the number handy, but I probably had around 25 sessions in that period.

I am seriously considering quitting my job at Mcdonalds.

Gigabet
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Hmm....well, in the early rounds I just try to adopt a simple tight aggressive strategy. Then in the middle rounds I move into a Tight Aggressive Mode, and of course at the end I change over into my tight-aggressive stance.

Seriously though, I think the most important thing to do is too think about every decision that you make, based on what the other players in the hand have. Really try and put them on a hand, people hear that and hear that, but I still see, even the best players on party poker, making instant decisions with no regard for the other players hand, just because they know, through experience, and or books, that that is the "right play."

It is a really simple strategy, and I don't understand why everyone doesn't use it. You will find that if you actually try this method, you will be quite surprised at how well it works.

Other things that are almost unimportant compared to that one rule. Use your stack....i hate it when i see players sit on a big stack. The more stack you have, the more hands you play, the shorter your stack, the tighter you play, very simple. When you are a shorter stack, try and make your raises based on position rather than the relative value of your hand, tough to win a multi with a short stack when you are waiting for premium hands. Use your position that carries the most fold equity, which is contrary to most hold'em strategy books that I have read. For instance, if you are utg+2 with a stack of 7 or 8 BB, that is a very good spot to raise the BB if he has 12 or less BB. Of course, when you are called it will be because you run into a big hand(that is why I almost always get beat out of a tourney by running into a big hand), you may curse your luck for someone having that hand "only when I raise." Your raise from that position should carry enough fold equity for only someone with a monster to call you, you have to take that shot though, until you have a real enough hand to double through someone. Avoid the standard steal spots as the short stack, UTG, CO, button and small blind, players will call your raises with marginal holdings from those spots.

When you are a middle stack, or average stack at your table(not necassarily average for the whole tourney) your steal spots are UTG, and co-1. But of course you can still raise from the button and sb without worrying about getting called nearly as much as a short stack.

When you are short-handed go broke with a steal before losing all fold equity. Raise every time from the SB to BB if folded AND the next round of blinds will kill your fold equity. Lower your UTG raising standards if the blinds will kill your fold equity.

Anyway, this is how I play, easier to get a handle on it for me, I probably play more hands a month than a lot of live action semi-pro players have played in their entire lifetime. 6 to 8 tables at a time for 15 to 18 hours a day, that is a whole lot of decisions to make, and I MAKE AN EFFORT with each one.

ThorGoT
10-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Is there a typo in your $200+15 results? I don't think you can get odd dollars in profit playing 224 games. Did you play 225 games?

Gigabet
10-18-2004, 06:24 PM
"Is there a typo in your $200+15 results? I don't think you can get odd dollars in profit playing 224 games. Did you play 225 games?"

Histogram:
First 26 times
Second 31 times
Third 37 times
Fourth 29 times
Fifth 27 times
Sixth 33 times
Seventh 15 times
Eighth 11 times
Ninth 6 times
Tenth 10 times

Total: 225

How you knew that is beyond me, but you are correct, no typo, just can't add correctly.

ThorGoT
10-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Was curious about the ROI for the STT's only, and the distribution of finishes. The numbers didn't work out for the # of games and $ in profit, but they did with 225 games. Curious to know whether this was a good STT week for you, about average, or worse than average -- obviously the rest of the week was great.

Gigabet
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was curious about the ROI for the STT's only, and the distribution of finishes. The numbers didn't work out for the # of games and $ in profit, but they did with 225 games. Curious to know whether this was a good STT week for you, about average, or worse than average -- obviously the rest of the week was great.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROI for that week was 22.45%(I think, my spreadsheet has moved on) which is actually a little lower than I think it should have been. Most of the 215s that I played were during peak hours or "fish hours." There was a short swing in there that was pretty bad relative to the strength of the field I was facing.

However, 22% is higher than my average, simply because I usually play a lot more than 225 tourneys in a week. I am playing at all shifts rather than just the peak conditions.

Another factor is, that I am almost always playing at another site as well, if I were simply playing 4 tables, I probably could add 2 or 3% to my overall.

However, I feel that 22% is attainable at all times, if you aren't grinding through them for 18 hours at a time. During peak shifts, I believe my ROI is averaging around 28%, and during the shark hours, it should be hovering around 12%.