PDA

View Full Version : Which three cities would you save?

Pirc Defense
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
This will involve aliens. And these aliens have come to Earth and have decided that all US cities but three are to be destroyed. You're to determine which three remain. The only caveat in your choice is that you cannot use "homerism" to choose some small, crappy city of 2,016 pop. for no other good reason that you were born there or have family there. And the aliens will know.

My first two choices are no brainers: New York City and Los Angeles. Gotta do it.

I select Austin, TX as my third city. It's different from the other two in that it's not a bustling metropolis, it's the home of a large university (which I was graduated from, though this isn't helping my decision), and it's more or less centrally located between NY and LA.

Your choices?

MrDetroit
10-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Top two are easy, 1.) Gary, Indiana; and 2.) Cleveland, Ohio. The third one is harder; it's gotta be a toss-up between Detroit, Michigan and Tulia, Texas.

-MD

MrGo
10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
New York - for its history
San Diego - for its beauty (although never been there!)
Las Vegas - for it's 'fun factor'

I would include Milwaukee, but that would be bias. Milwaukee is a great city...love it!

MrGo
10-18-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Top two are easy, 1.) Gary, Indiana; and 2.) Cleveland, Ohio. The third one is harder; it's gotta be a toss-up between Detroit, Michigan and Tulia, Texas.

-MD

[/ QUOTE ]

You would keep Gary?!?!?! Are you insane? I think you misread the question /images/graemlins/wink.gif

M2d
10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Honolulu
Seattle
NYC

No sense saving SF or LA. They're just going to fall into the pacific anyway (although that would hose honolulu, most likely).

Toro
10-18-2004, 11:49 AM
1. New York, the financial lifeblood of the Nation.

2. Washington D.C., the center of our government.

3. Boston, the symbolic cradle of liberty.

nothumb
10-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Boston, Vegas, and Montreal.

Boston, because it's a good city and it's the only way the Sox will ever win the Series. (Bye bye, Steinbrenner.)

Vegas, well, poker and hookers boys, what do I need to say?

And Montreal for the hands-on strip clubs and a place to dodge the draft when Bush declares war on Uranus. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

Toro
10-18-2004, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boston, Vegas, and Montreal.

Boston, because it's a good city and it's the only way the Sox will ever win the Series. (Bye bye, Steinbrenner.)

Vegas, well, poker and hookers boys, what do I need to say?

And Montreal for the hands-on strip clubs and a place to dodge the draft when Bush declares war on Uranus. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

When did the U.S, annex Canada?

MrGo
10-18-2004, 12:06 PM
If a city has hands-on strip clubs, they can be included. Then again, I should have put Amsterdam as a choice!

BeerMoney
10-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Boston, Lowell, and FoxWoods.

nothumb
10-18-2004, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine once got denied entry into Canada. He didn't have any ID other than his college one and he's one of the more outlandish characters you've ever met. They were hastling him and he got very belligerent, i.e. "I didn't want to come to [censored] Canada anyway, I'm just trying to get to Alaska," and, "Look, you guys can stop pretending you're not the 51st state and just let me in, ok?"

Ever since then I forget sometimes.

NT

Dominic
10-18-2004, 01:08 PM
New York - financial capital of the world; although if "Cats" was still playing, I'd say bomb it.

Miami - tropical beaches, great looking women, fantastic nightlife.

Los Angeles - so we could keep being amused by the idiotic celebrities who would no doubt band together in a show of support for the aliens.

HDPM
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
New York.
Las Vegas.
Nashville.

Between New York and Las vegas we could rebuild the country. And it's kinda like Noah's Ark, two of everything and a fun place to do it.

I think in the end the aliens wouldn't destoy San Francisco or Los Angeles because they'd be killing off too many of their own. I think a lot of alens live disguised as movie stars or san franciscans, as Men In Black proved.

And Nashville is for if the aliens actually pull the trigger. I'd play continuous country music and beam it at them from a SETI like transmitter to pay back the bastards.

Neil Stevens
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
LA, Houston, Dallas.

Can't have any more east coast bias if there isn't any more east coast!

Not only that, but we'll still have some pretty good basketball left to watch.

Pirc Defense
10-18-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't have any more east coast bias if there isn't any more east coast!

Not only that, but we'll still have some pretty good basketball left to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Very well put. Damn ACC and their apologist Dukie Vitale.

Season's almost here. Can't wait.

OrangeHeat
10-18-2004, 04:00 PM
NYC
Vegas
Washington

Anyone who left Vegas off the save list should be first in line when the aliens request humans for "experiments".

Orange

bwana devil
10-18-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tulia, Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, home of the racist, drug-using cops and crooked judicial system all rolled up in one. Who wouldn't want to live in that utopia.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I think he was talking about the NBA.

Michael Davis
10-18-2004, 06:48 PM
The real answer probably involves small(ish) towns like Ann Arbor but I'm saving San Fran, Chicago, and Seattle.

Anyone who saves Vegas, LA, or DC is wasting space on garbage.

-Michael

Neil Stevens
10-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Yes, but for college there's always USC and UCLA.

Dynasty
10-18-2004, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Boston, Lowell, and FoxWoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. You saved a lot of my family by keeping Lowell.

sfer
10-18-2004, 07:55 PM
How about saving the most lives and keeping the 3 biggest? NY, LA, and what's that last one?

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Montreal for the hands-on strip clubs

From '99 - '02 I spent a good deal of time in Ottawa on business and it ruined me for Mass. strip clubs. "Whattya mean I can't touch the girls???" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif