PDA

View Full Version : For the M's fans, so news.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
My buddy has a friend who works in the front office of the M's. Consequently, he is able to get some inside info in regards to what the team is doing in the offseason, here is what he told me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not much, but some M's tidbits..

1. Boone still pissed off at firing of Melvin.

2. M's already starting to hedge on spending big $ for free agents. Big surprise!

3. Don't be surprised to see Price go with Melvin if Melvin gets Arizona job. Although Price is highly thought of by the organization a bunch of the players don't care for him. Apparently he has become more of a bench coach than a pitching coach. He wouldn't talk to the new guys when they came out of games. Only the vets. Guardado and Meche not big fans of Price.

4. There is another pitching coach in the org that the guys like. Might be the guy at AAA. Not sure.

5. On the final night, Edgar walked out of the ballpark like he always has. You wouldn't know that it was the final time. No surprise. Routine, routine, routine.

6. The DH award named after him is a BIG boost towards Edgar getting the votes for Hall of Fame. Give Selig credit for single handedly putting Edgar several notches up the list in consideration for the hall.Got to run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
discuss! I want Edgar in the hall!

Toro
10-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I think that the Hall is already too diluted. Definitely no on Edgar.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 11:47 AM
there is something to be said when the Commish wants him in.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the Hall is already too diluted. Definitely no on Edgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has better stats than a lot of guys that are already in. He shouldn't be penalized for the fact the veterans committee votes in anyone who ever made the All-Star game.

Besides, it's a game with a long history, and great players. I've been to Cooperstown I think 4 or 5 times, and I don't think they could build the part of the hall with the plaques too big where I wouldn't still enjoy it.

But we have a few more years before we need to have the Edgar in the Hall discussion.