PDA

View Full Version : Hands for review

flynn799
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Sat down not to long ago, but table was loose preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

pot was big easy call, or too loose?

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Was i to aggressive on the flop?

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

zuluking
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Hand #1-Fold pre-flop

Hand #2-Good hand.

Peter Harris
10-18-2004, 11:05 AM
hand 1 - good PF call. don't know why zulu advocates folding A7s PF here? Just because the 2 players in front folded?? I don't think A7s is an openraise, but it's too good to fold...

Raise the flop. You have the nut flush draw 6 way. you have 35% pot equity, contributing (i would estimate) no more than 25% of the total bets. that's a 10% overlay in your favour.

Turn and river fine, probably worth a showdown. you won't win all the time though, SB may have KQo, MP2 AJo or something around there.

Hand 2: PF fine, flop bet good with the OESD (although 2 of your outs are clubs and tainted).

Turn is marginal, you have a pair which *may* be good with the OESD. i can see check-calling and EP bet or check-raising a LP bet being good here, the latter would force flush draws to make -EV calls. But since no-one showed any inclination to bet out, it's academic. I think checking this through isn't a catastrophe.

Three-betting BB when the flush card comes is ballsy. BB has been calling all along, could be a flush draw. Or a 5 for the chop. I'd just call the raise as you have a lot of hands that beat you.

Regards,
Pete Harris

zuluking
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
This is NOT a good p/f call. Either fold or raise.

MtDewVirus
10-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I call #1 PF also. And you have to call the raise here since you already have one SB in the pot and there are so many callers. Raise the flop with the draw to the nut flush and so many in the hand.