PDA

View Full Version : How often do you bluff here?

eastbay
10-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Blinds 100/200, you have 350 chips left after posting the BB, and find 62o.

SB with a stack of 1200 completes, and you check to see a flop. It comes three rags, all of which miss you, and SB checks to you.

How often do you bluff all-in here?

eastbay

durron597
10-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Whenever the SB is an ABC player, or makes really loose completes but is tight post flop.

In other words, if I think that the SB is likely to fold a hand Axo high and that he's not trying to trickily get me to go allin when he has AA.

stripsqueez
10-18-2004, 04:21 AM
obviously there are opponent dependant views you could adopt but my simple answer is not often - at a guess maybe 25% of the time

the action so far looks dodgy - why didnt the SB put me all-in pre-flop ? - he has some fold equity by simply pushing - i figure a decent player in the SB will fold pre-flop with any hand he isnt going to call an all-in with - the SB checking the flop means little because if he hit the flop or started with a rock then check is usual

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Phill S
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 100/200, you have 350 chips left after posting the BB, and find 62o.

SB with a stack of 1200 completes, and you check to see a flop. It comes three rags, all of which miss you, and SB checks to you.

How often do you bluff all-in here?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

without knowing how many players are left and their stack sizes (im ignoring reads and table style on purpose) how are you meant to answer it?

im sure you see why.

therefor, is not an answer both too generic, but also it is generally wrong when applied in practice.

Phill

Gigabet
10-18-2004, 10:46 AM
100% of the time, without a doubt...but would always do something creative, bet 175 if it is against an opponent who can read a bet(weak bet, but commits my stack). To someone who can't read a bet, just move in and hope for the best. Players who are too good to just complete in that spot, i wouldn't be in the situation, just move in preflop and hope he made a silly mistake in completing it, would have too see 5 cards at any rate.

eastbay
10-18-2004, 12:00 PM
5 or 6 players. I don't think it matters all that much unless someone is on the edge of busting. Assume they aren't.

eastbay

stupidsucker
10-18-2004, 04:10 PM
honestly in this exact situation I probably bluff 90%+

Blinds are high, he showed weakness, your chances of surviving to the money are already slim. This seems like good of chance as any to double up.

If he slowed a monster for your remaining chips then you got to take it and move on. I try not to burdon myself too much when I am this far behind. If he calls you probably need runner runner.

Jason Strasser
10-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Eastbay,

I push preflop, is that bad?

I think an extremely small amount of the time you will get a fold, but I also think it's a better alternative to flopping no pair and check folding the flop when you may have hit a pair or better on the turn or river to give you the pot.

If I check here, I'm pushing any flop if its checked to me. No doubt about it. I suppose if I checked preflop and it was bet to me I fold, but I hate that spot which is why I tend to push preflop.

-Jason

stupidsucker
10-18-2004, 05:07 PM
I dont normaly disagree with Jason, but in this case I feel you have close to ZERO FE on a push preflop. with a hand this weak I want some FE. I would prefer see what happens on the flop. Its a lot easier to lay down a hand after you have whiffed the flop (If you are the SB)

If the SB bets out on the flop then you can fold and move on.

Gigabet
10-18-2004, 06:06 PM
"I dont normaly disagree with Jason, but in this case I feel you have close to ZERO FE on a push preflop. with a hand this weak I want some FE. I would prefer see what happens on the flop. Its a lot easier to lay down a hand after you have whiffed the flop (If you are the SB)"

FE is not what you are looking for when you push all-in pre-flop here, taking away FE is what you are doing. You have lost all fold equity when your stack went to 350 at 100/200 blinds. Now you want to see all five cards, hopefully you aren't against 77 or better, or your hand isn't dominated, then the push is definitely the right move, which, even if you could see his cards, it almost always would be. It isn't very often that someone is trying to "trap" a stack of 350 for all of his chips by just completing the SB, it usually means he has a weaker holding, and he wants the fold equity that comes with being heads up and betting right out at the flop. He has no fold equity by raising all in, he knows the BB will call there with almost anything.

BTW, I would also call an all-in made preflop with 62 in that spot, even if there is more ev in folding in that spot, I think my overall hourly win rate goes up by making those calls.

eastbay
10-18-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay,

I push preflop, is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are enough players who will fold on the flop who would never fold preflop to justify taking either action.

BTW, my answer is "every single time."

eastbay

lastchance
10-18-2004, 09:08 PM
I need to have some kind of insane read to check here.

Jman28
10-19-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, my answer is "every single time."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, mine too.