PDA

View Full Version : Pot limit rules...

06-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Question.

Player A has 500

Player B has 500

Player A bets pot (50).

What are player B's options? If he wants to raise, how much is the minimum raise? IE. can he call 50 and raise 25?.

What if player A bets pot (50), and player B goes all-in for 60, what are player A's options when the action comes back to him (assuming another player called the 60 bet)?

Are the rules at the online pot limit games correct?

Thank you for and help,

Tuco.

06-22-2002, 09:42 PM
If somebody bets 50, the minimum raise is 50 (or, if you prefer, a total of 100). Let's assume the pot was 50, then the first player bet 50. The next player can put in 0 (fold), 50 (call), or 100-200 (raise). Any number between 100 and 200 is permissible.

The only time you're permitted to raise less than the previous increment is if you're going all-in for less.

As for the all-in reopening the betting, that rule varies from room to room. In some rooms, unless the raise is a minimum legal raise, when it gets back to the previous player, they can only call. In other rooms, if the all-in raise is half or more of a minimum legal raise, it means the original bettor/raiser can raise when it gets back to them.

In either case, it is very important to keep track of the stack size of players who are almost all-in, so you can bet the right amount. If the pot is 200, and they have 140, you might want to bet exactly 70, so if they go all-in and other players are in-between, you can raise again. Or, if it's a half-bet room, bet 90 so their all-in of 50 more reopens your option.

Also, if somebody else is betting, pay attention to the stack sizes who might go all-in behind you, so you'll know if they are going to reopen the betting or not.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

06-23-2002, 01:06 AM
What are the pros and cons of the different re-opening policies, and which do you prefer?

Thank you,

Tuco.

06-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I don't think it matters all that much, and I don't really care. I only want to be sure I know which it is BEFOREHAND. Since they changed the rule at Foxwoods, I have seen inconsistent rulings.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)