PDA

View Full Version : Rebuke

The Dude
10-18-2004, 01:07 AM
I hereby condemn ThaSaltCracka and his use of the Mariners' logo in his avatar. As a certified M's fan, it is my obligation to call to attention the blasphemy of this man, and publicly condemn his hypocricy.

You are a shameful, disgusting man.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 01:15 AM
my avatar is meant to draw attention to the massive five head of Bill Bavasi. The use of the M's logo is simply collateral damage.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 01:19 AM
There is no excuse for your using the M's logo in such a blashpemous way. In fact, there's no excuse for you.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Blasmephous how?

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, there's no excuse for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, I am sure I can think of something. You are the one who moved out of the state.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blasmephous how?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be an M's, and Yankees fan (and Twins fan). It's just not right.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 11:46 AM
why not? There clearly is a hierarchy.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not? There clearly is a hierarchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You look like a fairweather fan that way. Rooting for whichever team is still in the playoffs.

It'd be like rooting for the Sonics and being a Lakers fan too. Just weird.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You look like a fairweather fan that way. Rooting for whichever team is still in the playoffs

[/ QUOTE ] I can see this, but I know that I am not being a fairweather fan. Consequently, if NY wasn't in, I would be rooting for some team. I can't help but watch and pick a team to root for, in this case though the team I am rooting for is one that I have always liked.

kerssens
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Dude, you're an idiot. Sports is entertainment and that's it. People that see it as some sort of religion or way of life are just deluding themselves. That's mostly the reason that I like seeing the Red Sox lose. Hate to break this to you but the players don't care about you. They may appreciate your support but when it comes time to make a decision about where they're going to play they will (and should) do what's best for them and not what the fans want. I can't believe that you think that a lifelong Mariner would avoid "pinstriptes" because YOU think they is some kind of rivalry. I assume you still root against the Raider, Chiefs and Broncos? You're one of the dumbasses that boos at the stadium when they flash a score that shows the Raiders leading? You're the reason why they showed the ridiculous Broncos/Raiders game yesterday instead of the must more interesting Jets/Cowboys game. Just because they are former division rivals.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 01:54 PM
whats even more ridiculous is his roomate/butt buddy, is from Washington but he has an astro's avatar. I suppose his bandwaggoning is okay? Or has he liked them forever as well?

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whats even more ridiculous is his roomate/butt buddy, is from Washington but he has an astro's avatar. I suppose his bandwaggoning is okay? Or has he liked them forever as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, but the difference is GoT is rooting for a team in another league. Liking the Yankees and Mariners is just weird for most people from Seattle, like The Dude and myself.

Kind of like how I'm a Cards fan. I have no connection to the team, and I've never been to St. Louis. But I liked Vince Coleman, Tommy Herr and Willie McGee when I was 9 years old, and I just latched onto them. Does this mean I can't root for them? I don't think so. I'm an M's fan first and foremost, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Cards and follow them too. If the two happened to play in the WS, I don't know what I'd do, but it'd be fun either way.

I also agree with Kerssens that we all take this stuff way too seriously.

Washington State football is the worst one for me, as it's the only sport that I feel physically ill when the team loses/chokes. Being a WSU fan is like being a Red Sox fan, as the team has a habit of being close to perfect the last few years a number of times, yet still falling flat in heartbreaking ways. I can't explain the irrational anger I've felt after the last few Apple Cups. Thankfully I haven't been able to really remember the second half the next day of the last couple.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but Yankees/M's....it's just strange to me.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 02:44 PM
I think the only reason why it is strange is because of roughly 1994 to 2001, but other than that, there is no rivalry. I liked the Yankees well before the the M's, but living her in Seattle and seeing so many great players play for the M's has made me like them leaps and bounds more. But that doesn't mean I can't still like the Yankees. I think I have made my point clearly that I always root for Seattle against the Yankees, but the rest of the season in which they aren't playing against each other I root for the M's as well as the Yankees. in fact there are about 5 or 6 MLB that I like, some are good some aren't. Case in point, the Montreal Expos. Ever since about 92-93 I have liked them, not sure why, but I do.

As for the cougs, I don't particularly like any other college football team besides Notre Dame, but I always root for them in the Apple cup, because I really hate the Huskies.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sports is entertainment and that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bullshit.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sports is entertainment and that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh are they playing for you then?

The Dude
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose his bandwaggoning is okay? Or has he liked them forever as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
He has not liked them forever, and it most certainly is NOT okay. I've given GoT more shit than anyone else on this forum. Clarkmeister will vouch for how willing I am to publicly humiliate him for his sins.

And BTW, GoT rooting for the 'Stros is only half of his sin as a fan. It gets worse.

Neil Stevens
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
There's a difference between being a fair-weather fan, and just having backup teams for the playoffs.

People who really like baseball enough shouldn't be expected to have no interest in the postseason just because their team didn't make it.

And the Yankees make a particularly good backup team lately.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they're most certainly not playing for YOU, that's for sure.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose his bandwaggoning is okay? Or has he liked them forever as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
He has not liked them forever, and it most certainly is NOT okay. I've given GoT more shit than anyone else on this forum. Clarkmeister will vouch for how willing I am to publicly humiliate him for his sins.

And BTW, GoT rooting for the 'Stros is only half of his sin as a fan. It gets worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are describing is infinetely worse than what you are accussing me off, and here is why. GoT is being a super fan for a team he barely likes, which is about as gay as an asian man with curly hair.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to elaborate now, I have a feeling this will be really funny.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they're most certainly not playing for YOU, that's for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
You got me. BTW, when my buddy lived next door to Edgar and I got a chance to speak to him, he said,"there's this guy named Drew, have you heard of him? I am playing for this little guy. You see, he is part of the make a wish foundation and this little guys wish was that I hit a HR for him". I said, "whats wrong with that poor bastard?" Edgar replied "well, this young man was born with a rare illness in which his penis resembles a light switch, the poor kid." I said "Damn, well make sure you play for him 'Gar, and give it your all".....

The Dude
10-18-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to elaborate now...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to honor a request by GoT and not say - although it is very hard to do so.

SlyAK
10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're the reason why they showed the ridiculous Broncos/Raiders game yesterday instead of the must more interesting Jets/Cowboys game. Just because they are former division rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the reason that the Jets/Cowboys game wasnt on was because they weren't playing each other. So did they play before or after the Cowboys played the Steelers, and the Jets played the Bills??

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
I think he meant cowboys/steelers.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GoT is being a super fan for a team he barely likes, which is about as gay as an asian man with curly hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got the wrong impression. GoT is first and foremost an Astros fan. If the World Series were them and the M's, he would be rooting for the 'Stros w/ no second thoughts. They have been his favorite team for several years. But he was not raised to root for them, and there were several years he was a baseball fan before he picked up rooting for them.

What he has done is not even on the same level as rooting for the Yanks. Nice try.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the reason that the Jets/Cowboys game wasnt on was because they weren't playing each other. So did they play before or after the Cowboys played the Steelers, and the Jets played the Bills??

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call. They had a pickup game in the street I think. They had quite the argument over whether the curb is OB, or the lawn.

nolanfan34
10-18-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to elaborate now...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to honor a request by GoT and not say - although it is very hard to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a good friend then, at least you can torture him about this in private.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GoT is being a super fan for a team he barely likes, which is about as gay as an asian man with curly hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got the wrong impression. GoT is first and foremost an Astros fan. If the World Series were them and the M's, he would be rooting for the 'Stros w/ no second thoughts. They have been his favorite team for several years. But he was not raised to root for them, and there were several years he was a baseball fan before he picked up rooting for them.

What he has done is not even on the same level as rooting for the Yanks. Nice try.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, so what your saying is that now its okay to root for a team outside of your home town?

The Dude
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
I never said it wasn't okay to root for a team outside of your hometown. I root for Dodgers, BoSox, and Cubs. But I've never traded loyalties to another team over the M's.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never said it wasn't okay to root for a team outside of your hometown. I root for Dodgers, BoSox, and Cubs. But I've never traded loyalties to another team over the M's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please provide me with one instance in which I have showed to trade loyalties to another team over the M's. Because if you are rooting for any of those other teams in the playoffs, while Seattle isn't there, you are doing the exact same thing as me.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are rooting for any of those other teams in the playoffs, while Seattle isn't there, you are doing the exact same thing as me.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you still don't get it. None of the teams I root for are the Yankees.

Neil Stevens
10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Some people just hate success, I guess.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
some people don't understand hypocrisy.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you are rooting for any of those other teams in the playoffs, while Seattle isn't there, you are doing the exact same thing as me.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you still don't get it. None of the teams I root for are the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I understand perfectly, you have no point whatsoever. Claiming that what I am doing, when compared to what you are(or would do), is basically using "just because" as an argument. I am sorry to say, but if you cannot realize this, then there is no point arguing with you. And if you even feel like spouting off about money, Boston and LA spend a shitload of money as well.

kerssens
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
nice rebuttal....might as well have just said "nu-uh" and stuck your tongue out at me

The Dude
10-18-2004, 04:15 PM
nu-uh. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 04:21 PM
you realize people, he probably thinks their evil because thats what other people say, and they must be right, right?

kerssens
10-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Dude, you remind me a lot of the middle-aged to old women at my job that are intense Mariners fans. Some common characteristics that they all display are a complete lack of understanding of the game, a blind "love" for the Mariners and complete for the Yankees because they "buy" championships and also that they root for personalities that they see like Joey and Jay and Edgar seemingly could care less about winning if it involves getting somebody on the team that will not smile for the camera.

doughhater
10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the two happened to play in the WS, I don't know what I'd do, but it'd be fun either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to say it, but you are not a fan of either team if you're not sure who you would be rooting for in the fall classic. A real fan roots for his team when they are playing, regardless of who they are playing against. I don't care if your team is playing the Make a Wish Foundation all stars.

As for the rest of this thread, it really appears as though the Dude is an idiot. I am a die hard Cubs fan, and every year I live and die with their wins and losses. However, I also love baseball, and whether you want to admit it or not, the Yankees are what all teams want to be: winners. I would give my left nut to see the Cubs ownership actively try to improve the team at any cost, because I think that winning should be the ultimate goal. For that reason, whenever the Cubs' season ends, if the Yankees are still around, I root for them.

The Dude
10-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Kerssens,
Ask anybody who's met me how well your above post describes me.

kerssens
10-18-2004, 06:16 PM
GO HAWKS!

The Dude
10-18-2004, 06:19 PM
lol. Indeed, Go Hawks.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kerssens,
Ask anybody who's met me how well your above post describes me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing from any of your posts proves otherwise.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2004, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the rest of this thread, it really appears as though the Dude is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree!