PDA

View Full Version : another bad line

turnipmonster
10-18-2004, 12:22 AM
my opponent in this hand is very LAG and literally plays every hand. my stop and go really has no merit here I think. what's the best line? calling down after turn raise?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

mscott
10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
I think it depends how you read his post flop play. If you think he is the kind of guy who will raise you with something like a K8 or K3, I'd RR. Otherwise I'd consider folding.

turnipmonster
10-18-2004, 01:11 AM
whatever line I take, I have to see a showdown against this guy, he is very capable of raising and reraising with nothing. so, assuming you are showdown bound, what's my line?

if it helps, in 216 hands this guy has a VPIP of 78%.

Scotch78
10-18-2004, 01:22 AM
With a VP$IP that high, K2 or K6 (even unsuited) is a legitimate possibility. He'd have to be even more aggressive than he is loose for you to be ahead after the turn raise. I agree with mscott, folding is probably the best option.

Scott

mscott
10-18-2004, 01:32 AM
I think you just have to make a read and go with it. If you think that you got him beat on the turn RR. Then, if he caps, check/call unless you think he is a complete nut. If you think you might be beat but you think there is a good chance your not then see the SD as cheaply as possible.

ALL1N
10-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Call down after raised on the turn. If he's LAG enough, 3-bet or call and CR river. Do not stop and go, as he'll bet the river for you anyway.

stripsqueez
10-18-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do not stop and go, as he'll bet the river for you anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

so right

folding would be bad

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

imitation
10-18-2004, 09:02 AM
3bet the turn call it down if capped else bet the river again. Folding to a raise on the turn against a LAG is pretty weak I think, I see LAGs try and make these plays with Kx against TAGs all the time because we bet-3bet the flop often with draws/overcards/2ndpairs/etc.