PDA

View Full Version : Slowplaying question and some humor

shadow29
10-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, 3 fold, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop:(4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, UTG calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Waiting until river is correct?

Oh yes, this happened right as I read some post with "poker is easy". I then typed that in to the chat and SB proceeds to rant for 10 posts or so and all I do is keep typing, "but how is that not easy?" and other classics like that. Oh yeah, I typed in "your money = yum".

I love Party Poker.

Shalara
10-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Turn is good, river is good. But I bet this flop. No one will believe you anyway, why miss bets? I know some people like to check the flop here. I'm not one of them.

[ QUOTE ]
this happened right as I read some post with "poker is easy". I then typed that in to the chat and SB proceeds to rant for 10 posts or so and all I do is keep typing, "but how is that not easy?" and other classics like that. Oh yeah, I typed in "your money = yum".

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that rather obnoxious. People just tighten up when they get taunted. Or worse yet, the fish leave. It's bad EV when the players play better against you, and it's worse when they leave your tabe.

Greg J
10-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I noticed this hand got no responces. I think this is an interesting hand myself.

First off, if at any point on the turn or flop if it is checked to you you should bet. As it stand, someone else did your betting for you, which is pretty sweet.

Flop: I like the call. There is pretty much no chance you loose this pot and you want to keep opponents in.

Turn: I like it again. You could make an argument for raising here, but your hand is so strong working on keeping people is in, IMO, best.

River: Yeah you go nuts of course.

I like how you played this hand. Anyone disagree? Slowplaying is something I don't do that well, so I could easily be mistaken here.

Oh, and your other point:

[ QUOTE ]
I then typed that in to the chat and SB proceeds to rant for 10 posts or so and all I do is keep typing, "but how is that not easy?" and other classics like that. Oh yeah, I typed in "your money = yum".

[/ QUOTE ]

This might not be my business, but I would just let this go. I find being nice to people +EV.

EDIT: I misread the turn -- I thought someone else bet for you. My bad. Still looks good.

davelin
10-17-2004, 11:41 PM
You didn't wait until the river. You bet the turn like you should've.

Peter Harris
10-18-2004, 04:49 AM
looks fine to me. I guess since you said "poker is easy" you didn't lose to the runner-runner straight flush.

I bet the turn here every time.

Table talk, as has been mentioned, can tighten up some players and cause some to leave. To achieve the perfect results, you have to wait until you win a pot off a total maniac. They *always* see table talk as a personal slight and will hang around to "take you on".

Telling tight-passives that you love their money and that poker is easy is more problematic.

I use them sparingly, when i do i've made a "metric fuckton" [in the words of JSD] of chips of a known 'angry player'. They rouse very well. Just wait until you've seen them say something stupid to someone else, drag a pot off them and whisper in their ear...

"poker is easy"

It gets them every time.

Nice hand!
Regards,
Pete Harris

jeffraider
10-18-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't say a word at a table unless some moron has just taken a bad beat and starts ranting about "people not playing right" etc etc. I then explain to the moron that they "got outplayed" and that generally sets them on tilt like crazy.

crockett
10-18-2004, 03:06 PM
This line is fine IMHO.

I would have bet the flop though.

Don't chat. Ever. If you truly want to become a better player, chatting is just weighing you down, there are so many other better things you could be doing.

Taunting and pushing people away from the table shows ignorance and marks you as a beginner.