PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker: is total agression under 1.5 really passive?

vandalay
10-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I am writing this for several reasons.
First off, is Total Agression (including preflop) really the best guide for agressiveness/passiveness?
I would like a total agressive-post flop, but that doesnt seem to be a choice.

That not being the case, I was thinking that I would rather have my autoimport as telling me who is PASSIVE, and who is agressive... I agree that the 1.5 is AGRESSIVE, but not nessassarily that under 1.5 is PASSIVE. I actually like the .7 for PASSIVE, as these are the people I want to attack.

Anyone else have thier icons set up this way?

I am thinking I would rather have the autorate setups as
- VPIP for my tight/loose/Semi loose
- Total (postflop if possible) agreesion PASSIVE/avg/AGRRESIVE

That is 9 icons for the 9 different choices there... Im sure I can come up with a few more.

The Preflop raise % doesnt really mean much to me, but could be included.

Thanks,
VI

Nottom
10-17-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, is Total Agression (including preflop) really the best guide for agressiveness/passiveness?
I would like a total agressive-post flop, but that doesnt seem to be a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, just uncheck the "include pre-flop numbers into Aggresion Total" checkbox at the top of the page.

[ QUOTE ]
The Preflop raise % doesnt really mean much to me, but could be included.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is more important than you are giving it credit for.

vandalay
10-18-2004, 12:37 AM
I SEE!!! that helps a lot (the clicking off preflop).

I was seeing almost everyone as passive before, and just didnt like the numbers that were coming up.

Ill try this out a bit, and adjust from there.

I still see the passive vs aggressive people... might have to make some adjustments to make it 3 tier.

As for Preflop raise percent... What kind of decisions do you make on that? Yes, I know if someone has never raised, I step out of the way. Also, I know if I see someone raise very hand, to step back in the way but I see that from watching the game.

Also I am more intrested in just the extreams on that... <3% and >9%

Cerril
10-18-2004, 01:00 AM
If you mean you don't care about PFR being included in the total aggression stats, that's probably not a terrible thing. LA-P players tend to shut down if the flop doesn't hit them hard, and you also have a better idea that if you're getting raised or bet into they probably have something.

You'll need to change your requirements for what 'aggressive' is, though, considering that an aggro player preflop probably only has a PF AF of around .66; but whatever you qualify it as will be much more accurate.

I'm assuming you don't mean that PFR% is something you don't want in your notes; obviously that will have a huge impact on the hands you play.

Cerril
10-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Well I look at PFR% chances the same way I do VP$IP percentages. If it's around 6-9% that means I'll be seeing roughly the same hands raised that I raise. Over that means I'm going to start seeing more suited broadway and unsuited high cards in any position (and especially pairs). Past a certain point (above about 12%) I start figuring any ace as well, and after that I figure it's almost anything I'd call with gets a raise. Of course, the 'raises with' selection helps too to categorize their raises. I'd love to be able to disqualify certain hands like AA-QQ from this, or to be able to redflag some 'limps with' hands (knowing that a player tends to limp with KK and AK would be very valuable). On the flipside, when I see opponents with PFR 0-4%, I tend to respect their raises very highly indeed.