PDA

View Full Version : Party is ridiculous...

phixxx
10-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I can't get ANYTHING going here. I recently moved from UB to party and empire to take advance of a few bonuses, and I can't get a steady win rate going. A few hours of work is always demolished by a suckout. I'm just considering taking my bonus and going back to UltimateBet. Anyone encounter this type of frustration on Party?

I have a healthy BR for 1/2.

Thythe
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm sure you're just venting, but bad beat stories won't get much of a response here.

GoSox
10-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Yes. Everyone else loves Party, but I find it to be very inconsistent profit-wise. I was down 150BB this afternoon in about 3 hours, and then won 250BB in five minutes (really). I win more consistently on other sites, but when you have a good run on Party it's definitely more profitable, than say UB, Stars.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 09:52 PM
It's not a story, if you can read, you can see that I haven't mentioned about a specific bad beat. Just the general playing style is really getting to me. Oh well. Don't bother responding if you see this as a bad beat thread. Just wondering if anyone is in my boat here.

Alobar
10-17-2004, 09:54 PM
adjust your style of play

phixxx
10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I try, but I feel sometimes it's unavoidable. Maybe I am venting. I just flopped the nut straight with an oesd straight-flush draw, and lost to runner runner boat. I realize that people have a problem with bad beat stories, but these things really really piss me off /images/graemlins/frown.gif

morgant
10-17-2004, 10:02 PM
so you have played about 1-3k hands of poker lifetime. if you see yourself not getting over this, quit now before you waste to much time, energy, and resources.

if your numbers were better at UB, why ask? Go back there. Maybe you are different than the other 100's maybe even 1000's who have been through here and many more who have not, that have gravitated towards party games due to their beatability.

Basically you haven't played enough poker to be making broad comments like these, you have experienced this over a few thousand hands. Go back to ub it can happen there too.

bonanz
10-17-2004, 10:03 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007LZ2R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Evan
10-17-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and then won 250BB in five minutes (really).

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables? I'll assume 4, so let's say that was 20 hands. That works out to an average of 12.5 BB profit for 20 hands in a row.

Anyone else not believe this?

plj8624
10-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Your sample size is definitely too small and you are just getting caught up in the fluctuations of the game. I can certainly sympathize with the frustration of someone winning "your" pots. If you are serious about poker and want to get a better context for your results I recommend reading Mason Malmuth's "Gambling Theory and other topics". Definitely a huge eye-opener for me.

GoSox
10-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Yes, I was playing four tables. .5/1 55 flop A55 against AA and AK // AA allin vs KK // QQ flopped set against two draws allin Those three hands were about 175. I didnt say it was an average, just a ridiculous run.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, assuming I've played 1-3k hands is a horribly incorrect speculation and is really really ignorant. I am new to online poker, not to poker in general, Although it's nice of you to come to the conclusion that I've only been playing for a short time. The truth is I've never experienced these types of swings in a B+M environment.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
And I have no problem with people drawing out on me, but when it's this severe I tend to question the integrity of the software.

SPPDTravis
10-17-2004, 10:32 PM
If you seriously question the integrity of the software, there is nothing anyone can say that will make playing at Party worthwile for you. I'd go back to UB if that is where you are comfortable.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
I suppose. I guess I'm just angry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
You are annoying and ignorant. Please just STFU.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Do you know what the meaning of ignorant is? Can you please quote the part of any post in this thread in which I display ignorance?

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
And I have no problem with people drawing out on me, but when it's this severe I tend to question the integrity of the software.

Just to start...

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Just the general playing style is really getting to me.

Loose gets to you, eh. Another example. Must I keep going.

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
It's not a story, if you can read, you can see that I haven't mentioned about a specific bad beat.

Your whole thread is a cryfest about your cumulative bad beats. Want more?

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:50 PM
First, loose play bothering me is somehow ignorance? Well, you're an idiot. Second, I have seen a ton of 'party rigged' threads, so I don't think I'm the only one.

The thread was originally a question posed to players who have encountered these specific problems on party only. Not any other site. I'm not complaining about poker, I'm complaining about PartyPoker. Of course, there always has to be some idiot trying to prove his intelligence coming in and insulting people for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Oh well, maybe you'll kiss a girl one day.

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Well, assuming I've played 1-3k hands is a horribly incorrect speculation and is really really ignorant.

You rage against a person trying to help you. I DO know ignorant, and it is YOU.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
My results are all positive. I'm by far a winning player, the thread is regarding PARTY POKER. That is all.

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Every time you post I knock 5 pts off my IQ estimate for you. I would stop now.

Wahoo91
10-17-2004, 10:54 PM
First, loose play bothering me is somehow ignorance? Well, you're an idiot. Second, I have seen a ton of 'party rigged' threads, so I don't think I'm the only one.

Nuff said. This post speaks for itself.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:58 PM
But the only thing you've said so far is that I'm ignorant, which clearly isn't the case. I didn't rage against him, he was the one being ignorant by assuming something that was incorrect. Keep trying to look cool infront of your internet poker buddies.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh well, I'll continue to let you rip on me for no reason. Keep going! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BottlesOf
10-17-2004, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, loose play bothering me is somehow ignorance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Uhh

BottlesOf
10-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Dude, that you don't LOVE loose play and are actually bothered by it, displays complete ignorance about the nature of where money is made in poker.

The fact that you don't get this after 200+ posts doesn't bode well for you.

phixxx
10-17-2004, 11:29 PM
So you're saying that if I play a different style than you, and prefer different opponents than you do I'm ignorant. If people don't agree with the way you think they're ignorant?

BottlesOf
10-17-2004, 11:33 PM
We're not debating who should be president here. This isn't a question of "opinion" or "style." Loose opponents are the source of one's earn. This is a fact and is well documented. You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with thousands of knowledgeble people--poker experts and people on this forum.

Party's games are aomng the easiest anywhere. If you can't beat those, your'e not a winning player. You can stubbornly refuse to acknowledge people's advice here and continue to lose, or you can become a better player. Your choice doesn't much matter to me.

Indeed, Party is ridiculous, but not for the reasons you are implying.

pudley4
10-17-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, loose play bothering me is somehow ignorance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's ignorant because loose players pay the bills.

[ QUOTE ]

Second, I have seen a ton of 'party rigged' threads, so I don't think I'm the only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen many websites (and even TV shows) that claim we never landed on the moon. Both claims have the same validity.

Gata Kamsky
10-17-2004, 11:50 PM
It's not that party is rigged, have you ever played at a b&m room where the players there are ridiculously loose? Board is 789 and they go all in with 78 when it's obvious you flopped the straight by betting $200? Then they catch a 7. It's called running bad and good. If your running bad against good players you can protect hands and not suffer bad beats. But if your running bad against fish your going to suffer because they won't fold. All I can say is reserve playing on party for when your running good. Secondly, if you think the site is rigged don't play - that's all there is to it. God gave you free will, you can choose which site you want to play on. Even if you do have a gambling problem, good luck! and if poker doesn't work out - try chess, no bad beats there!

BusterStacks
10-18-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying that if I play a different style than you, and prefer different opponents than you do I'm ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES. Can we be more clear?

NLfool
10-18-2004, 12:59 AM
yes the site is different from UB maybe it's the program but definitely the players are different and you have to adjust to them. My roomate actually is more profitable at pokerstars which I consider a rock garden so yeah maybe your style of play is not suited for party.

It's not an insult or anything that you can't beat the loosest games for as much as you'd like but if you're against A with a pair and straight draw, B with a flush draw, C with top pair, and D stupid calling with overcards. You're AA is going to lose more than you win.

Either you've got to start playing at a different place that suits your style, a different game perhaps NL or adjust to these types of games.

I do have to agree with you as I've played at paradise, stars, prima, UB, golden palace, party and many more. Party by far has way more variance.

BreakEvenPlayer
10-18-2004, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was down 150BB this afternoon in about 3 hours, and then won 250BB in five minutes (really).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe more people haven't tangled with this gem.

Thythe
10-18-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was down 150BB this afternoon in about 3 hours, and then won 250BB in five minutes (really).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe more people haven't tangled with this gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that unheard of. I play the Crypto NL .50/1 tables and it's not uncommon at all for me to get all in with AA with another guy for a $300 pot. If we're talking big blinds, that's 300BBs right there. If it's big bets, then it's 150BBs. If we're only talking about limit games, then you can just pretend that this message doesn't exist.

Losing all
10-18-2004, 03:29 AM
I was at your table and I really enjoyed your crying and berating the fish. You couldn't let it go at 1 or 2, no, you went on and on until you took your ball and went home.

Thanks for leaving the game though, you fuggin turd.

ps. 3 or 4 of the morons at the table got a good laugh at what a little kunt you were, congrats.

morgant
10-18-2004, 03:43 AM
<font color="green"> ZING !!! </font>

Blarg
10-18-2004, 04:36 AM
Dang, that was cold! Have to admit I laughed though.

sonny black
10-18-2004, 09:37 AM
great job, bonanz, that says it all

CountDuckula
10-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Have you read "Small Stakes Hold 'Em" by Ed Miller yet? If you haven't, then please do. It's helped my game and my confidence enormously; I've experienced the same kinds of ups and downs that you're talking about, but that book is helping me learn how to limit my losses and maximize my wins. It's still a work in progress, but I'm starting to see the difference (and I am talking about Party and its skins).

-Mike

mackthefork
10-18-2004, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen many websites (and even TV shows) that claim we never landed on the moon. Both claims have the same validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me, I refuse to accept Party is rigged, you US guys are paranoid, or gullible or both /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Regards Mack

morgant
10-18-2004, 11:06 AM
wow, someone needs to go back and read Jeff A. thread before they lash out. if you still dont see what i am saying, i would figure you to be on the other side of the infamous party rigged debate.....

morg.

mackthefork
10-18-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, someone needs to go back and read Jeff A. thread before they lash out. if you still dont see what i am saying, i would figure you to be on the other side of the infamous party rigged debate.....

morg.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You missed the /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Party is not rigged, Armstrong did walk on the moon, I thought you would get that one, sorry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards Mack

morgant
10-18-2004, 11:35 AM
DOH, statement rescinded, carry on...nothing to see here.

FlFishOn
10-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Party doesn't provide a square deal. The symptom is too many suck-outs. The cause is structural to the board card dealing algorythm. 20% too many underdogs win and as you and I play at UB the difference is like night and day.

I've said this many times previous and if the subject interests you search on my handle and you'll find all of my posts.

Uber-troll now, always

wdbaker
10-18-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party doesn't provide a square deal. The symptom is too many suck-outs. The cause is structural to the board card dealing algorythm. 20% too many underdogs win and as you and I play at UB the difference is like night and day.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying that I'm missing out by not playing my gut shots and backdoor flush and str8's on Party. I knew I was missing something, I'll start playing that sh-it right away dude. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

BIGRED
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
20% too many underdogs win and as you and I play at UB the difference is like night and day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you tell us what kind of hands those 20% underdogs consist of?

Melvin Udall
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Sponger15SB
10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20% too many underdogs win and as you and I play at UB the difference is like night and day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you tell us what kind of hands those 20% underdogs consist of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well like when you have QQ and the other guy has AK and you go all in preflop...

AK actually wins 65% of the time and QQ wins 35% of the time.

FlFishOn
10-18-2004, 04:42 PM
"Well like when you have QQ and the other guy has AK and you go all in preflop...

AK actually wins 65% of the time and QQ wins 35% of the time. "

Almost exactly what I found. AK would get the cheese more like 59% and QQ 41%. The bulk of my research was limited to the bigest mismatches head's up and all in. That group of hands that were on average 80/20 fav/dog expectation ran 75/25 over the sample. 25% winning dogs vs expected 20% yields 20%+ more suckouts.