PDA

View Full Version : The trouble with micro no limit ...

06-16-2002, 12:07 PM
The trouble with micro no limit on the internet is that the blinds really aren't worth stealing, and if you raise at all, usually the whole table will fold, but if you don't raise, you're really risking a lot, because most players will play anything. It's almost like damned if you do, damned if you don't. Any comments?

06-16-2002, 04:43 PM
If the table is too tight, I like the resteal. Raise 1$ and get the usual 2 or 3 callers, then steal the pot on the flop. Once people start to catch on you tighten up a bit. Just raise any pair, any suited connectors etc... You know, tight play /images/wink.gif. If you're at an aggressive table you need to play more solid cards or have more stones...

It works for me, your results may vary.

Sincerely, Andreas

06-16-2002, 10:01 PM
If they're really all folding when you raise, then just start raising a lot more often. Either you'll slowly grind your way to a respectable hourly win, or they'll stop folding every time.

How much do you raise relative to the blinds, anyway? Either you're finding different games than me, or you're raising so big that it's probably a mistake.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

06-19-2002, 07:48 AM
seriously...is there any value, with regard to actually playing big bet poker, b+m, to playing .50/1.00 blinds, usually 50.00/100.00 stack sizes on the internet...

i know this is a vague mult-faceted question, but just try and give me you honest thoughts, if there are any posters who have donr both..

it is interesting...i have found it highly profitable to steal blinds...then see flops when called, essentially seeing thos flops with profits from steals, sometimes you crack off a real big hand, and they moan how lucky ya are...gl

thanks for any help here...gl

06-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Online PL/NL is useful for teaching some of the major concepts of big bet play. However, the big difference, and it is huge, is that in a live game many of your decisions are significantly influenced by your read of the opponent. Online you can only monitor an opponent's tendencies. You can't really adopt to their frame of mind this hand, and you certainly can't read them as weak or strong based on demeanor. You also can't (really) engage them in banter as a reading tool.

The top big bet live players are great at putting you on a hand, at least in the sense of knowing if you're bluffing or betting a good hand, if not even more specifically than that.

06-21-2002, 06:50 PM
thanks...we'll meet someday....take it ez on me...lol...gl

06-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Sorry, at the poker table, I never take it easy on anybody. But, I'll always be friendly and never bitch about how you play (to your face, at least).