PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin

Eder
10-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Well back in Nevada after taking a week to drive down to Cabo...played at Cororado Bell last nite in Laughlin. Strange HE game...2-5 anytime full kill with only 1 blind. Dunno what the best strategy is for game like this...table average age was about 86 haha, although most of the oldtimers seemed to play badly. I was either card dead or playing bad as well.
Played for about 5 hours...ended up $3 after tipping waitress for at least 15 drinks....but table was very boring, think I was only one drinking.
I was glad to leave there, as even after a table change, the mood was very somber,none of my best "American" jokes got better than a frown haha.
Safely back in Vegas for 3 more days today, then Tahoe for 2 more.
So far I'm up around $35 after 7 poker sessions this trip, which is better than I was expecting ,as it is a holiday, and Crown Royals are on the menu. I guess my strategy of only playing low limit (highest was 4/8 so far /images/graemlins/grin.gif)has paid off as I havent gone into the red with all the waitress tips/dealer tokes/crazy rakes....now if I can just curb the urge to stop bluffing from time to time I can continue to make just enough to keep the whiskey coming haha.
Any 2+2 wanna meet up at Ballys I'll be there about 10pm Vegas time...if its dead I'll head to Harrahs...come say Hi and take my $$...I'm the guy with sloppy stacks /a whiskey/and a Canuk accent

SofaCoach
10-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Eder, can you elaborate on the play of those 86 year olds? I'm going to be in Laughlin for a couple days later this winter and not sure what to expect. I guess I'm thinking that the old timers will be tight and mostly passive? How many to most flops?

Eder
10-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Well in the 2/5 was typically 5-6 to see the flop. I raised a few times on the button behind many limpers and they invariably called.
Post flop play was fairly weak...many callers on the turn but a max bet on the river often had everyone fold.
Showdowns often showed people calling the river with bottom pair and cards like J4o...
The games I was in there were so boring though that I doubt I would stop to play there again but good luck on your trip Sofa.

onegymrat
10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I was there last summer. For low-limit games, they are definitely beatable. They are generally very passive and a "raiser" type of player will surely shake things up and put them out of their comfort zone. They were spreading a 10/20 with a half kill on Wed.& Sat. nights. Not sure if they still do so. The competition was very tough. Not a great game. Obviously I got my butt kicked.

Try the 2/4 & 4/8 at the Flamingo also. They'll let you play outers button if you want to hike the stakes too.