PDA

View Full Version : Party 15 and a flopped flush draw

Tyler Durden
10-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Party 15, good game.

Three limpers to me in the cutoff and I limp w/ Q9c. Button limps, both blinds come along. 7 way flop.

Flop As Kc 8c.

Checked to me. Check or bet, and how much does it matter? How many callers do I need to get value on my bet?

thanks much.

exist
10-17-2004, 08:11 PM
bet. if you get at least two callers then your bet has cost you nothing. however your bet may allow you to see the river for just the one small bet on the flop. if you are check raised, then your bet has only hurt you if the check raise gets it down to just you and the check raiser. if you are check raised and at least two players cold call (giving you 3 opponents total) you should 3 bet for value and because that 3 bet with occasionally get you a free card on the turn.

surfdoc
10-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Bet and its not close. You are drawing to the 2nd nut flush in a large field. You will make your flush 1/3 of the time. If nobody holds an A you may be able to take it down with a turn bet (unlikely).

If you can't bet this hand when you flop a big draw, why are you playing it to begin with?

Ezcheeze
10-17-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm very surprised you're asking this but it is a clear bet. If two players call you are immediately making money and any more over that is more money. Also, someone may checkraise allowing you to 3 bet an extract even more value out of the hand and possibly a free card on the turn if it turns out you want one.

-Ezcheeze

AceHigh
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Bet and zero callers would be the ideal number.

MarkL444
10-17-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If nobody holds an A you may be able to take it down with a turn bet (unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously betting this turn if its not a club?

surfdoc
10-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Sorry, I posted my response on the way out the door. I qualified by putting in the word unlikely meaning it would be unlikely. If your flop bet happens to thin the field and get it heads up on the turn (even more unlikely) a bet may be in order on the turn. So, to answer your question..no in general I am taking the free card on the turn if possible.

Grisgra
10-18-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that his EV for six callers is higher than that for zero /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Probably.

Michael Davis
10-18-2004, 03:21 AM
He should fire again on the turn if he doesn't get raised and is called by only one or two. Of course it depends.

-Michael

Chris Daddy Cool
10-18-2004, 05:32 AM
this seems too easy...

AceHigh
10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Are you sure? He wins 100% of 7sb vs. 35% of 13 sb, not counting implied odds and chances his flush isn't good, etc.

Winning on the flop looks pretty good to me.