PDA

View Full Version : Weakness of the low-limit NL Hold'em SNGs

lastchance
10-17-2004, 06:06 PM
We all know that some people suck at Poker, and these people fill up our bankroll at the $5 + .50 to $30 + $3 level.

However, a SNG player needs to make adjustments toward playing at this level. In general, what are the key, exploitable weakness these players have?

Rasputin
10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
I am by no means the greatest poker player ever but I have played a ton of these lately, mostly the $6.50 one table turbos on pokerstars.

1) They play too many hands, particularly in the turbos. Loosen up a smidge and you'll find yourself with the best hand most of the time without giving up too many opportunities.

2) They don't understand pot odds at all so they won't know when to force you off your draw. Of course, this also means they are harder to force of their draws with the resultant increase in bad beat potential.

zephyr
10-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Hi,

I made a post on this topic a while back, here's a link:

Weakness in SNG's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=892 630&Forum=All_Forums&Words=fear&Searchpage=0&Limit =25&Main=892630&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=113 64&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&ol dertype=&bodyprev=#Post892630)