PDA

View Full Version : Good play?

SparkyDog
10-17-2004, 05:42 PM
It's a home tourney with a really weak field. $20 buy-in, 14 people. Stack sizes started at 75, with 1-2 blinds.

I pick up AKo in the BB. 2 bad players limp (this could mean near anything), a decent thinking player limps, and the SB completes. I raise T10 out of my T40 stack. The decent player calls and all others fold.

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I move in which is about a pot sized bet. Villian barely has me covered.

My rationale is that the villian will have to fold pairs lower than queens and fold most queens too. The pot is laying me about even money, and villian has at least six outs against me if I continue to let him draw. If he calls and I'm behind, I've probably got at least six outs but maybe only 3.

Good play or bad?

Roman
10-17-2004, 05:46 PM
call this crazy, but I push pf.

SparkyDog
10-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Why risk 4:1 when I'm not a 4:1 favorite when called?

SparkyDog
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
I generally don't bump posts, but I think this is interesting enough to warrant one.

Huskiez
10-18-2004, 04:59 PM
I think I play it the same way you did. I would push on that flop, hoping for a fold. If he calls, hopefully you have some clean outs.

However pushing might be the right play?

Pot is T10 when it gets to you. You have T40. What I think is interesting is that if there was only one person who had the T10 invested, I would push against him, but if it's spread over many different people (like in this case), I think I would only raise a portion of my stack.

B Mando
10-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Why would you push on that flop? Against bad players they will NOT fold a Queen...If they are bad players let them act on the flop and see what they do. If your opponent has a Queen you are drawing to six outs. The odds the pot is laying you kinda go out the window in my book during tounrments because when you are broke you are done. You would have still have T30 left after that hand with if still OK for 1-2 blinds. If he obvouilsy doesnt like the flop though and a brick hits the turn THEN push and assume he will fold.