PDA

View Full Version : Spine check. Would you have gone farther?

Grisgra
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Hand #1: No reads except seems like more solid than usual 5/10 player. 4-bet turn or no?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>
------------
Hand #2: Pop river without nuts, or no? What if it was 54 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif instead of Q9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (8.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.20 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>
-------------
Hand #3: The cap on the flop struck me, as did the non-HU aspect.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between BB, MP and Hero.</font>
---------
Hand #4: Bet the river? Would it be a value bet?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

River: (9.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.70 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

mscott
10-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Hand 1: I'd say cap the turn. They’re only 2 hands that he could have that beat you, 77 TT. If he bets out the river, after you cap, I'd just call.
Hand 2: With 54 I’d just call, but with Q9 I'd be more inclined to make it 3. I play at lower limits though. If you think he's solid you might just call.
Hand 3: I've had that situation come up too. I'd bet out the turn if he raises I'd consider folding.
Hand 4: I put UTG on a mid PP, like 88 maybe even 44, or he has a 4 or a 5 in his hand. The only thing you can beat is a pair of 5's so I'd check the river.

Scotch78
10-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Hand 1:
My first thought was to cap it, but I think you're up against a set more often than you're ahead. However, you are still ahead a lot of the time, so I like the call down.

Hand 2:
I don't think either hand is strong enough to 3-bet this river.

Hand 3:
I fold the flop when it's capped, but from your comments I think you already knew that. Trust your instincts.

Hand 4:
Fold pre-flop, then check-fold the flop. Even if you are ahead at this point (unlikely), there are 42 scare cards for you. No way do you have enough pot equity to play this one out.

Scott

Bill Smith
10-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Hand #1: Nope. Call down after the 3-bet. You're bet by a set or QJ here.

Hand #2: I think I have to 3-bet the river with any 2 diamonds here. If capped by an overflush, oh well, bad luck, next hand. More often than not, you'll run into a rivered 2-pair, a slowplayed set, etc...

Hand #3: Maybe raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? I think this is fine against a LAG opponent.

Hand #4: Depends on the read. If he calls a lot of rivers with a high card, I would bet it. I just don't see this being much of a value bet otherwise.

Grisgra
10-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Good to see that there's no easy answer to these /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I'll post results+comments tomorrow, waiting for a few more comments.

steeser
10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Hand 1: I probably call the 3 bet and river if I don't fill up.

Hand 2: I would 3 bet the river with any flush.

Hand 3: I'm not convinced that he doesn't have KK, AQ or even KQ. I might pop him on the turn, and if he re-raises, re-evaluate.

Hand 4: I would let this go on the flop, as the turn and river can bring a ton of cards I don't want to see.

Grisgra
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Hand #1: SB had AT and MHWG. I think that against an unknown I still don't 4-bet.

Hand #2: I think he had a baby flush and MHWG. I think that I should have popped it for one more bet, call a raise.

Hand #3: No way I'm laying this down, as someone suggested. Both had Q-rag, MHWG. Probably a turn raise isn't warranted, but given that the card that's paired is TWOs, I have to feel strong about my chances, so maybe it would have been better.

Hand #4: You guys need to have more faith in TPTK. Yeah, there are 42 potential scare cards, but not that many actual threats. I think the goomba calling me down had A5 or AQ, and MHWG. I think his turn call implied overcards, not a big pair.

Grisgra
10-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Too late to edit /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hand #2: Make that "crying-call a raise". Eh, or not. Still haven't made up my mind about 3-betting this one.

Hand #4: Oops. Okay, it's not exactly TPTK, but it's TP!