PDA

View Full Version : Hitch-check?

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Foxwoods Act I satellite this afternoon. 2nd level 25/50. full table of 10. I'm on the button with 850.

UTG (ultra-loose player) limps, folded to me, I have K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif and make it 200 to go. BB (775 before posting) calls, UTG folds. Heads-up to the flop (475 in the pot)

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB looks at me, reached down and starts to count out some chips, looks back at me, then pulls his hand back and checks. I check behind.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB hesitates for about 3 seconds, then pushes all-in. I have him covered by a scant 75 chips.

Your read? Was he trapping on the flop and now hopes I'll think this is a bluff, or is he on a draw and the K just scared him and now he's trying to make me fold AK?

I think for a bit and decide its the latter and call.

Comments? Results later.

Daliman
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
I put him on either a seven, flush draw, or a weaker ace. If he has AK, he likely pushes PF, KQ he doesn't put up so much of an act, and DEFINITELY doesn't push turn.

My official prediction here is KTd, maybe K9d.

durron597
10-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Kurn has the King of diamonds.

I vote J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Good News: BB turns over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Bad News: River is the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I'm down to 75 chips

Happy Ending: I get lucky and triple up 3 hands later, triple up again 4 hands after that and end up in the money.

durron597
10-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Well, at least we were right about the flush draw /images/graemlins/grin.gif I was positive you had the best hand.

lorinda
10-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Looks to me like he was going to bet away as he is used to and then the little bell in the back of his mind told him that bit some guy once taught him about trapping.

I don't like it.

Lori

lorinda
10-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Well at least that's the proof that I never read ahead when commenting.

Nice tourney /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lori

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-17-2004, 08:17 PM
That was why I checked behind on the flop. On the turn, I ultimately thought that if he had a queen he'd have checked again hoping I held a K.

Daliman
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kurn has the King of diamonds.

I vote J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

God to see my obvervational skills are still exceptional....

lorinda
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Glad you understood my post, I just re-read it and it looks closer to Klingon than English.

Sorry for making you wade through that.

Lori

KenProspero
10-17-2004, 11:06 PM
How are the Foxwoods satellites in General? I live only a couple of hours from there and am thinking of giving it a try.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-18-2004, 05:29 AM
The Act I's are pretty soft. I'm 8/12 ITM in Act I's if that's any indication. Often you'll get a couple of people who have never played before.