PDA

View Full Version : Party Bad Beat Jackpot

TheTimeIsUp
10-17-2004, 01:25 PM
It is currently at 220k..how high will you let it go before you start chippin in your 50 cents?

Alobar
10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I wont play a BBJ table, until I can get about 9 of you peeps with me and we only play for the BBJ win, otherwise its a waste of .50 cents

Rudbaeck
10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wont play a BBJ table, until I can get about 9 of you peeps with me and we only play for the BBJ win, otherwise its a waste of .50 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has been ignoring several of his 2+2 books. Time to reread Gambling for a Living?

It's pretty clear that the BBJ can in fact get so high that it is +EV to play on the BBJ tables.

Now that they removed all tables lower than 2/4 the play on the 2/4 tables is so incredibly bad that it's purely amazing. Weak players playing at 4 times their normal stakes. Can we spell juicy?

If you think normal 2/4-3/6 tables on Party are populated by total morons then you should try these out. They are giving away their cash.

If you play 15/30 and the play on the BBJ 15/30 is even 2% worse than on the regular tables you'll be ahead on that alone.

Alobar
10-17-2004, 02:35 PM
it may be positive EV at some point, but its alot like playing the lottery, sure if the prize pool is 500 million its positve EV to buy a ticket, but really, its still just a waste of a buck

radek2166
10-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Any game with a JP becomes +EV sooner or later.

Look at Caribean stud poker. Terrible game when the JP gets over a certain ammonut it is definetly a +EV game and that is the only time I would ever think about playing it.