PDA

View Full Version : An Empire tech support story

BigBaitsim (milo)
10-17-2004, 11:38 AM
I decided to change my screen name at Empire. Too many people saying "Hi, Milo. Wow this is a really bad table, what with Bison and CDC, plus those two other 2+2 guys. Hey, have you posted any really good hands lately? Wow, Bison's converter really is helpful in studying my game..."

Empire has no easy way to do this, so I emailed tech support. They responded within 30 minutes with a request that I give three names. I did so, and they responded again within 30 minutes that I was still logged in and they couldn't make the change. Since I had accidentally left myself logged in at home (I was at the office) there was nothing I could do. I got home 5 hours later, logged off, and sent an email to tech support. 15 minutes later they changed my screen name. The person changing my name even signed his email with his real name, "Vamshimohan," rather than calling himself "Steve." Wow, fast service and honesty. Sorry about the boring story, but I just had to share a good experience.

Sadly, my first choice, "SalmoTrutta" the species name for "Brown Trout" was taken.

JAque
10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
The easiest way to pick a name is to go to the budy list and search for you prefered named. If it is not there, put that name as your #1 choice. Unless someone creates an account before Empire support reads your e-mail, you are almost 100% sure your first selection is ok.

JAque

GrannyMae
10-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Sadly, my first choice, "SalmoTrutta" the species name for "Brown Trout" was taken.

was it really? that's a riot. wonder who has it. it must be a zooer.

10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks for posting--I didn't know it was so easy to change your name--should be of interest to the folks who are "datamining" millions of hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
10-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I think it's even easier to change your name at party. You are allowed to change your name once every 6 months....but you will still show up on other's buddy-lists if they had you as your old name.
But I do think it's like getting a new identity in poker-tracker and obviously most of the people at the table aren't going to recognize you.

I have names at a couple skins that are close enough that some can figure out who I am. I have names at a couple other skins that is something completely random.

[ QUOTE ]
"Hi, Milo. Wow this is a really bad table, what with Bison and CDC, plus those two other 2+2 guys. Hey, have you posted any really good hands lately? Wow, Bison's converter really is helpful in studying my game..."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason i prefer to play virtually incognito.
Some people around here just don't seem to understand that there are many 2+2'ers who don't want to participate in chat about 2+2 at the tables.

Personally, I think it would be wise if EVERYBODY avoided chatting about 2+2 at the tables but I don't think it happens enough to make much of a difference anyway.
But it's more annoying if you're forcing a 2+2 convo down someone else's throat.

There's the IRC-chatroom thingee and obviously you can post here. Keep it off the tables people!