PDA

View Full Version : World Series

Zeno
10-17-2004, 08:34 AM
When St. Louis meets New Yawk, who will be the more rested team? And the Yanks will have homefield, right?

Too bad about the Sox. I guess my rooting for them did not help at all.

-Zeno

Toro
10-17-2004, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When St. Louis meets New Yawk, who will be the more rested team? And the Yanks will have homefield, right?

Too bad about the Sox. I guess my rooting for them did not help at all.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

By virtue of the American league winning the All Star game either the Yankees or Red Sox would have the home field. My wife claims that the Sox are going to win it even after I pointed out to her that in the entire long history of Baseball no team has ever overcome an 0-3 deficit.

But putting that foolishness aside, the Yankees will have a big edge from the superb batting practice session the Red Sox pitchers provided them last night.

John Cole
10-17-2004, 11:07 AM
All good Red Sox fans are now consoling themselves with these lines, I think:

But there's a tree, of many, one,
A single field which I have look'd upon,
Both of them speak of something that is gone:
The pansy at my feet
Doth the same tale repeat:
Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?

Zeno
10-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Methinks this needs a bump - The Red Sox deserve it.

Now the original question is becoming more important. When the Yanks clash with the Red birds which team will be more played out?

What's the chance of a Boston-Houston World Series now?

-Zeno

andyfox
10-19-2004, 01:13 AM
"When the Yanks clash with the Red birds which team will be more played out?"

Depends which series goes seven games. Right now, I would say the Yankees would be more played out. They're running pitchers into each game with reckless abandon, and unsatisfactory results.

"What's the chance of a Boston-Houston World Series now?"

I'd say 2 outa 9.

lastchance
10-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Heh, it's anybody's series now. Houston up 3-2 with the Rocket still up. Houston doesn't say die, and apparently, neither do the Red Sox. Great bullpen, good job beating Mariano Rivera in back to back games (well, it was just a sac fly, but still).

Zeno
10-20-2004, 12:23 AM
The Red Sox win. Another bump for this little thread because the Red Sox deserve it. Schilling was great, A-rod acted like a five year old kid, and some Yankee Fans are just out of the crib.

That Aside;

[ QUOTE ]
Doth the same tale repeat:
Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomorrow will Tell.

I'm still rooting for the Red Sox. My misanthropic charm is working wonders. Only one game to go.

Le Misanthrope

Zeno
10-20-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"What's the chance of a Boston-Houston World Series now?"

I'd say 2 outa 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

The river card is coming down tomorrow - a revision of the odds are in order.

Perhaps a game for the ages. I hope so. What a great post season for baseball. And it ain't over yet. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

Zeno
10-21-2004, 12:11 AM
One more bump. Where is John Cole? I hope he is celebrating and enjoying a marvelous victory.

Congradulations to the Boston Red Sox. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So what are the odds on a Boston/St. Louis World Series. I posted before that I thought that would be the best match up and produce the best series. It may come true.

-Zeno

John Cole
10-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Zeno,

I have no idea if they win the World Series. Unlike many diehard Red Sox fans (BTW, did you know their second half record in 1966 was the best in the American League and, despite finishing ninth, many picked them for a much higher finish in '67, making that unlikely pennant not really all that unlikely?), I don't care if they win the Series or not. But, I would like to see as many games as possible, so if they lose out in a seventh game, who cares? I don't. At least I don't have to watch a Yankess/St. Louis or Houston matchup.

After the last game of the Series, I'm ready for baseball to begin all over again. (Don't much care for those Winter sports.)

Zeno
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
A bump for John Cole and all the Red Sox Fans.

Enjoy.

-Zeno