PDA

View Full Version : 3 down 1 to go

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:49 AM
again, those vested know the drill. I look forward to game 4, as I am sure you do. BTW, who is pitching in game 4?

Lazymeatball
10-17-2004, 06:24 AM
Probably D Lowe. Not looking good. Hopefully they can play with dignity tonight.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 04:01 PM
does that mean they lose by less than 5 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lazymeatball
10-17-2004, 04:59 PM
It means Miguel Cairo gets plonked for no reason and Shilling uses his right ankle to kick the crap out of Kevin Brown, who can't throw a punch. Anything left after that gets cleaned up by Big Papi.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:36 PM
it never hurts to have a dream.

JTG51
10-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Did you become a huge Yankee fan after you were rooting for the Twins in the first round (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=113036 1&Forum=f20&Words=Twins&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =1130024&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=4715&dater ange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post1130361), or do you just root against your favorite team sometimes?

JTG51
10-17-2004, 05:42 PM
...and Shilling uses his right ankle to kick the crap out of Kevin Brown...

I'm sure that's fine with most Yankee fans.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:50 PM
no, I'll explain it to you.

I like the yankees, always have, contrary to what some of you may belive, so that means I liked them well before 1996. I was born in 1981, so as soon as i can remember knowing and watching baseball i have always liked the Yankees. My dad is also a huge NY fan, but he is originally from Louisiana, so according to most of you idiots that makes him a jackass as well(this only proves to me how idiotic their argument is). Anyways, as I grew up in Seattle(we moved here when I was 5, in 1987), there was this kid came to town named Griffery Jr. As a young boy, I was instanly hooked on Griffey and the M's, and I have been a M's fan and a Griffey fan ever since.

But as an M's fan(which are my favorite team) and I can see why people dislike the Yankees, and in fact almost all M's fans hate the yankees(nevermind that the only games that ever sold out in Seattle before the M's were good were NY-SEA games).

So there are a few things about the Yankees I know to be true, most people dislike them, and they always win. So when the Yankees play a team like Minnesota(who I also like, but more of a passing interest) in the first round of the playoffs I tend to root against the Yankees just because its fun, but I still know that they are going to win anyways. That may be confusing, but it works for me.

JTG51
10-17-2004, 05:55 PM
So when the Yankees play a team like Minnesota(who I also like, but more of a passing interest) in the first round of the playoffs I tend to root against the Yankees just because its fun, but I still know that they are going to win anyways. That may be confusing, but it works for me.

Confusing? Nah, makes perfect sense to root against your favorite team.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
It's not that simple. Sometimes i feel bad that one of my favorite teams(which spends a lot of money) contantly beats teams up. I have a soft sport for minnesota, especially since that bastard Selig tried to contract them, that it would have been sort of cool for them to beat NY, IMO.

daryn
10-17-2004, 06:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
as soon as i can remember knowing and watching baseball i have always liked the Yankees. My dad is also a huge NY fan, but he is originally from Louisiana,

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm the plot thickens...

i had been going relatively easy on you thus far because i assumed your dad was from NY

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Nope, Louisiana. Does that make him an evil person to? Simply because he liked Mickey, Roger, and Yogi? BTW, he loved Reggie as well.

BTW, I know someone who was born and raised in NO, and he loves the Red Sox, is that okay? I also know someone whose dad grew up Montana but him and his dad are die hard Cubs fans. is that okay? Or is it just when its the yankees when its not okay?

daryn
10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Or is it just when its the yankees when its not okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't get it.

IMO, there appears to be four teams in baseball that people may like regardless of where they live.
They are:
NY Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Chicago Cubs
LA Dodgers

Out of those 4 teams there is only one I like, what about you Daryn?

daryn
10-17-2004, 06:30 PM
uhh.. me too (??)

the point is, it's easier to jump on a winning bandwagon than a losing one. MUCH easier. i like the teams where i live.

also, i like nomar a lot, obviously, but i don't like the cubs even the smallest bit.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Daryn, just so you don't think I am a bandwaggoner(I think I have proven why I like the yankees), the only real NFL team I like is the Seahawks, and the only real NBA team I like is the Sonics. I am still pulling for my Fighting Irish this year as well.

JTG51
10-17-2004, 07:37 PM
I am still pulling for my Fighting Irish this year as well.

Haha, that should clear things up. No one's ever heard of a bandwagon Notre Dame fan. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 07:46 PM
hey man, they have sucked the past several years, but since I don't have a degree, I have no association or loyalty to any school. ND has always been my favorite college football team.

JinX11
10-17-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That may be confusing, but it works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely confusing, but I'll assume the gist is that no matter what's going on in the sports world, you always have a team to root for. A true blue fan.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That may be confusing, but it works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely confusing, but I'll assume the gist is that no matter what's going on in the sports world, you always have a team to root for. A true blue fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I truely do love baseball. So I suppose its makes sense to me, so I think thats all that matters /images/graemlins/cool.gif