PDA

View Full Version : One of my weakest hands ever.....

MEbenhoe
10-17-2004, 03:46 AM
I started out trying to get too fancy with this play and the river came up and bit me in the ass, which led to me playing the river like a weak tight little baby. Am I being overly critical or did I play this hand as bad as I think I did?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks....?

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Michael Davis
10-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Why did you check the river? Being afraid a flush without good reason is scared poker. People play garbage. You don't have good reason to be afraid here. Bet and suck it up if you get checkraised.

-Michael

imitation
10-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes you played it badly....not betting the river is awful. The flop slow play is reasonable on a fairly uncoordinated board and allows you to raise the turn. Fearing the flush is silly.

fyodor
10-17-2004, 10:09 AM
I am just finishing up my Christmas shopping and need to know your skirt size. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DyessMan89
10-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I dont know about just calling the flop ... tough decision. Although no flush draws, theres a very realistic possiblity of a straight/straight draw. Since you has someone betting and calling ahead of you, I would have probobly 3-bet to get more value into the pot and get the draws out. Turn is fine, and you're river play is ... sick. (not in a good way)