PDA

View Full Version : Things I don't like

sublime
10-17-2004, 03:33 AM
1) Cruelty to animals
2) NYY fans that are not from the NY area (esp those morons who grew up in Boston and root for the MFY's)

I mean if you are from ANY city that has a MLB team and you root for the Yankees you are a sad, sad, sad person.

Lazymeatball
10-17-2004, 04:24 AM
like Tanyon Sturtze. I don't think we'll be seeing him back in Worcester anytime soon.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:45 AM
SUBLIME, you are a faggat.

No go cry some and wipe your pussy when your done. There is always next year, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, for your shitty soxs to lose to the Yankees AGAIN.

[censored] YOU, I am from Seattle and have ALWAYS like the Yankees.

Lazymeatball
10-17-2004, 06:28 AM
I thought you liked the M's first. Do you just go down the list depending upon who's doing well?

mikeyvegas
10-17-2004, 07:04 AM
No, he's liked NY all his life....so it's been since 1996.

craig r
10-17-2004, 07:36 AM
My guess is Salt is drunk again. Why exactly is Sublime a "faggat?"

sublime
10-17-2004, 09:32 AM
YOU, I am from Seattle and have ALWAYS like the Yankees.

Well, then you are probably a moron in need of love. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neil Stevens
10-17-2004, 02:20 PM
I've been in the LA area my whole life. My first team is and always will be the Dodgers. In the World Series, about the only NL team I would like to see lose is the Giants.

I always take the Yankees in the AL playoffs, though. Ever since I realized that the Yankees are to baseball what the Lakers are to basketball, I've cultivated an appreciation for them.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

tripdad
10-17-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
faggat pussy shitty

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this allowed to stay posted?

cheers!

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 04:07 PM
I do like the M's first and I always root for them over NY, but unfortunately only one of my favorite teams in the playoffs, so therefore I root for NY.

BTW, I was drunk and I apologize for calling you a faggot.
As for why that word is not censored, why would it? It's a bundle of sticks.

sublime
10-17-2004, 04:08 PM

lol

I was sober and apologize for calling you a moron /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lol

I was sober and apologize for calling you a moron /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA, I realize emotions are high, especially for you guys, I'll try not to rub it in to much tonight.

sublime
10-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I always take the Yankees in the AL playoffs, though. Ever since I realized that the Yankees are to baseball what the Lakers are to basketball, I've cultivated an appreciation for them.

There is no problem with it. My main beef is with people who live, or more importantly, grew up in Boston who root for the NYY. Ditto for fans from any other AL city.

Since saltcracka roots for the Mariners first and the NYY second(strange BTW), I guess he deserves a 1/2 pass /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since saltcracka roots for the Mariners first and the NYY second(strange BTW), I guess he deserves a 1/2 pass

[/ QUOTE ] That may weird but its is the truth man. Check this out. The greatest game I have ever been to or seen was the game 5 game of the 1995 ALDS when Seattle beat out NY. That was a party afterwards, but the game was simply put: [censored] AWESOME.

Until Ichiros record breaking game this year, game 7 of last years ALCS was the second best game I had ever seen. But I seriously doubt anything could top that game 5, unless I happen to see Seattle win the WS.

Joe Tall
10-17-2004, 05:03 PM
NYY fans that are not from the NY area (esp those morons who grew up in Boston and root for the MFY's)

I have a theory that I explained to JTG once. It's been a theory of mine for some time. Out-of-state, NYY fans have no soul, no heart, no mind. no strength. They are the type of people who go with the flow, blend in with the crowd and take the easy way out. They are weak people. Granted, I'll give some credit to the Out-of-state NYYer, if the Old man was from NY and they grew up watching NYY but not the cowardly one that chose this path on his own.

But to think someone has a heart when they come up with this thought, "Well, my team sucks here. So, I think I'll become a Yankee fan", is a sad state of affairs.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 05:41 PM
I am not even sure why I have to constanly defend why I like the Yankees. You bosox fans are just to bitter and are just starting to hate everything associated with the Yankees.

JTG51
10-17-2004, 05:51 PM
What about those of us that grew up in a state, like CT, with no professional team? The Yankees were on TV every day when I was a kid, and I thought Don Mattingly and Rickey Henderson were cool, so I became a fan. Does that make me souless?

And what about JoeU who grew up watching Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig?

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-17-2004, 06:04 PM
NYY fans that are not from the NY area

Does it go both ways? What about people who grew up in the NY metro area and are now Sox fans?

daryn
10-17-2004, 06:05 PM
it's different for a good reason. the sox aren't winning. a guy coming from NY who becomes a sox fan is the exact opposite of the guy who comes from boston to be a NY fan. he has the courage the other guy lacks.

JoeU
10-17-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot pal!

Contrary to popular belief, I am younger that AndyFox.

JoeTall, I'd like to think I do have a heart and soul. I grew up on the Mason/Dixon line of professional baseball. My aunt and mother are both BIG Yankee fans, and I followed suit.

I especially want to see the Yankees win the world series this year because I'd like to see Mattingly get the ring he deserved (he was robbed by the 94 strike).

Joe

Joe Tall
10-17-2004, 06:06 PM
What about those of us that grew up in a state, like CT, with no professional team?

You are still in New England where NY is not. However, I kind of understand where you get this from as the Hartford/Southwest CT area is NYY media pumped.

The Yankees were on TV every day when I was a kid, and I thought Don Mattingly and Rickey Henderson were cool, so I became a fan. Does that make me souless?

No, close to hearless but not fully as you did grow up Southwest of Hartford.

Now that's funny $hit, well done.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-17-2004, 06:10 PM
<shrug> Boston fans are passionate and devoted. This weekend, the only team in the area that has *earned* that devotion won again.

In short, I'm a Boston fan, and I'll be in a good mood tomorrow morning. It's football season!!!

Joe Tall
10-17-2004, 06:11 PM
I am not even sure why I have to constanly defend why I like the Yankees.

Well when you are, "Out-of-state, NYY fans have no soul, no heart, no mind. no strength. They are the type of people who go with the flow, blend in with the crowd and take the easy way out. They are weak people."

You can't.

You bosox fans are just to bitter and are just starting to hate everything associated with the Yankees.

Ah, no. The Yankees are a great team and playing great baseball. I am also the one who always says, Steinbrenner is good for baseball.

Peace,
Joe Tall

JoeU
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny $hit, well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like this won't get either of you two invited to the home game! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Joe

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not even sure why I have to constanly defend why I like the Yankees.

Well when you are, "Out-of-state, NYY fans have no soul, no heart, no mind. no strength. They are the type of people who go with the flow, blend in with the crowd and take the easy way out. They are weak people."

You can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd, the Yankees have really only been good in my life time from 1995 to now, however I have liked them for much longer than that, back when they had Mattingly, and the various assortment of other dipshits that played with them, like Roberto Kelly and Danny Tartabull. I mean before 95 they hadn't even made the playoffs for close to 15 years.

JoeU
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boston fans are passionate and devoted. This weekend, the only team in the area that has *earned* that devotion won again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when they have the parade in Boston for the Super Bowl again, will all the Patriot fans still chant "Yankees Suck"?

I never understood why they did that.

And while we're talking about the Sox and New England teams, don't anyone dare call the Patriots "New Englands Team". That is an absolute joke. Lets ask Robert Kraft about the Hartford stadium deal, and, why he had a Super Bowl celebration in Boston and Providence, but not Montpellier, Augusta, Hartford, and whatever the capital of New Hampshire is???????

Joe

daryn
10-17-2004, 06:22 PM
concord

JoeU
10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Thank you.

Had a sudden brain fart in my fit of rage. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Joe

sublime
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I never understood why they did that

I don't either, thats up there with being from Boston and rooting for the yanks.

JTG51
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't either, thats up there with being from Boston and rooting for the yanks.

Is there actually anyone like that?

sublime
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM
What about those of us that grew up in a state, like CT, with no professional team? The Yankees were on TV every day when I was a kid, and I thought Don Mattingly and Rickey Henderson were cool, so I became a fan. Does that make me souless?

My post was in referrence to those who grew up in AL citys and still "root" for the NYY. I will let Tall handle the exact geographics of the issue. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Tall
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM
when they have the parade in Boston for the Super Bowl again, will all the Patriot fans still chant "Yankees Suck"?

God, I fcking hated that.

I nearly got into a fight this year in Fenway, trying to stop the "Yankees Suck" chant. It started up and I blurted out, "How do you suck when you are in first place?"

I don't get it and I wish it would end.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM

Sadly, yes. Quite a few.

JoeU
10-17-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, yes. Quite a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you.

Didn't those people get rounded up and shot after Bucky F!n Dent? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Joe Tall

I met a guy down at Foxwoods who claimed to be a Sox fan for 30 years and was wearing a NYY hat. He quit being a Sox fan and went with the Yankees because, "it was easier cheering for a winner." Heartless. He was also a horrid Poker player.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime
I am not even sure why I have to constanly defend why I like the Yankees. You bosox fans are just to bitter and are just starting to hate everything associated with the Yankees.

I dont *hate* the NYY. I dont hate the REAL fans that NY has. I may dislike some of thier players (whats to like about Brown and Lofton?) but as an orginization they are top notch.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Sublime,
FWIW, I can't stand Brown, Sheffield, or ARod, and I never liked Clemens.

sublime
10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Didn't those people get rounded up and shot after Bucky F!n Dent?

These are thier kids.

Joe Tall
10-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Lets ask Robert Kraft about the Hartford stadium deal

Kraft is a motherfcking wizard. He played one mean a$$ hand of political poker w/Boston and won. What a bluff.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't those people get rounded up and shot after Bucky F!n Dent?

These are thier kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those must be some smart kids.

sublime
10-17-2004, 06:41 PM
FWIW, I can't stand Brown, Sheffield, or ARod, and I never liked Clemens.

Yeah you can add Sheffield to the list as well. ARod I dont have any opinion of. Clemens is a physical marvel.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 06:43 PM
The reason I dislike Clemens is the same reason I dislike Pedro, they are both ass holes.

If you are an M's fan, then you hate AROD. He is an amazing player who happens to be an amazing douche bag.

ArchAngel71857
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
whats to like about Brown and Lofton?

Because he used to be my absolute favorite player who is now a traitor and can die a treasonous death.

I have a small problem with people rooting for any team they have no geographical connection with. But most people outside of NY who root for the Yankees, also like the 1983-89 49ers, the 1991-1996 Cowboys, the 90's Bulls then the Lakers, and communism. I will accept people rooting for teams with no geographical connection under one circumstance. They had no TV growing up and their dad/mom used to listen to games on the radio and that's the team they like. I have seen this happen once.

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But most people outside of NY who root for the Yankees, also like the 1983-89 49ers, the 1991-1996 Cowboys, the 90's Bulls then the Lakers,

[/ QUOTE ] what an assumption.

I hate the 49ers, cowboys, bulls and the lakers, but I like the Yankees.

JoeU
10-17-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These are thier kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think its time for another "round up"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

While you're at it, put Robert Kraft in the mix and I'll be nice to Manny in the future!

Joe

MarkL444
10-17-2004, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean if you are from ANY city that has a MLB team and you root for the Yankees you are a sad, sad, sad person.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people around here root for the Red Sox once the Tigers are out (which doesnt take long). I immediately know that they are not real baseball fans.

ArchAngel71857
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But most people outside of NY who root for the Yankees, also like the 1983-89 49ers, the 1991-1996 Cowboys, the 90's Bulls then the Lakers,

[/ QUOTE ] what an assumption.

I hate the 49ers, cowboys, bulls and the lakers, but I like the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I thought you liked the M's. Can you post a hierarchy of teams, almost like a hand rankings. What team wins your devotion over what?

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
M's, nothing trumps them
I like a few other teams but NY is def #2
as for other sports:
NBA: Sonics
NFL: Hakws
College Football : Notre Dame

Do I need to list anymore?

Neil Stevens
10-17-2004, 09:21 PM
How about the Storm? heh

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
who?

Neil Stevens
10-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Good answer. I ended up watching 2 minutes of the WNBA finals, annoyed because Fox was delaying the Dodgers coverage to talk about foodball, and came to the conclusion that "good fundamentals" is code for "no talent."

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2004, 09:37 PM
good fundamentals= we try really really hard, but we still run and shoot like girls.