View Full Version : 66 at 1/2, first one in

raccon
10-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Is it ok to call with 66 when first one in? Or do you generally advise raising instead of calling from MP when first one in? Folding on flop was ok in my opinion, since I was probably drawing to two outs. Do you agree?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero folds, CO folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Knoler
10-17-2004, 02:53 AM
I probably don't raise this PF. Not from MP1. So, nice job. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If it's folded around to me a few spots later, I might think of raising if I thought I could steal the blinds, or get heads up. That's probably not gonna happen much at 1/2.

On the flop, I think I'd bet this out. No PF raisers, only one paint card -- if it didn't hit anyone, you've got the best hand here. What does everyone else think?

-Brian

raccon
10-17-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm probably too weak-tight and see monsters everywhere (somebody having the Q). How to change these tendencies?

mowz
10-17-2004, 06:01 AM
I don't think it's worth trying to buy this on the flop with so many people in the hand. At 1-2 about 50% of the players will take a turn card no matter what making it difficult to put anyone on a hand and making the turn decision harder.

Knoler
10-17-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm probably too weak-tight and see monsters everywhere (somebody having the Q). How to change these tendencies?

I'm getting over this myself, just recently. I'm now fighting with being *too* aggressive in certain circumstances. Here's what started things off for me -- Ed Miller's "Why aren't you guys crushing these games?" post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=462860&amp;page=4&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1). If you haven't read it yet, then now's a good time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Other than that, you're doing the right thing -- posting hands in here! I've been learning tons in my short time here just reading everyone's posted hands...

-Brian

Knoler
10-17-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't think it's worth trying to buy this on the flop with so many people in the hand. At 1-2 about 50% of the players will take a turn card no matter what making it difficult to put anyone on a hand and making the turn decision harder.

Ah, but I'm not trying to buy this on the flop!

Betting on the flop and thinning the field would be great with this vulnerable hand, but I'm personally betting this flop because I think I might be ahead here.

I agree, you might be hosed if you bet, get a couple of callers and a A, K, J, T, or 4 falls. But there's no guarantee of that -- and I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

-Brian