PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL hand at Prima 10-handed

FourKing Hell
10-17-2004, 01:05 AM
I'm in LP with QJ/images/graemlins/club.gif
Two limpers to me, button makes it 8. BB, limpers and button call.

Flop: (~40)
9/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets 2, limpers both call.
I raise it to 40.
Button goes all-in for 50-ish. BB calls with around 130 left.
I (200) call.
(At Prima, any all-in is considered a 'full bet' so I had the option of raising again)

Getting called in two spots I decided that I was very possibly drawing to three outs. Couldn't get myself to lay it down for such a small amount, though.

The turn comes a blank, BB pushes and I fold.

1. What if the flush had gotten there on the turn? Should I fold my Q-high, against an unknown opponent?
It doesn't seem all too unreasonably to me, given that he overcalled on the flop. The only drawing hand he could conceivably have that didn't beat mine was 76/images/graemlins/club.gif. Other flush draws and straight draws should be folded, right?

Especially considering..

2. The flush got there on the river, but BB's set of eights was good. Did the BB screw up by not raising?
Maybe he was counting on me to push, because I had already potted it. The other guy was all in, so he can't be pushed off any draw he might have. But shouldn't he have figured me for a draw, and tried to shut me out?

3. What do I do if the BB pushes on the flop?

Thanks in advance.

H

flawless_victory
10-17-2004, 04:09 AM
OMG OMG!!! you folded????
i would push on the flop (assuming you think BB will call).... easy...this 3 outs thinking is turbo weak... and then you folded on the turn???? this is why you need to push on the flop with a draw this big... you dont want things to get ugly when you miss on the turn... obviously you are terrible at postflop play, so i would highly recommend you either fold or push all-in preflop from this point forward... DO NOT RAISE ON THE FLOP IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO PLAY THIS HAND TO THE RIVER.

flawless_victory
10-17-2004, 04:10 AM
i just read the rest of you post... #2 yes... he shouldve pushed in... him not pushing there is a terrible play... he plays bad. enough said. #3 easy call.

TheGrifter
10-17-2004, 11:59 AM
You've got great position in this hand relative to the preflop raiser, and yet you ruin it by raising on the flop. The button is going to raise here very, very often with hands he raised preflop, a flop of that type, and such a short stack.

Call the 2, let the BB push in, trap the limpers in between for 50 and then re-raise all in. You have a lot of outs here against your opponents typical range of hands, the problem is you don't know what they are, so get the money in on the flop or pass the hand when the betting comes back around to you.

cornell2005
10-17-2004, 12:22 PM
flawless victory come on, post a little more logically and with less exclamation marks. thanks