PDA

View Full Version : PLO hand

05-27-2002, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

I was watching a friend play some .5-1 pokerstars PLO. It was 9 handed and most people had between $50 and $100. There was a late poster and he limped in with 7899. A middle position poster raised it $3 dollars and 4 other people called, so to close the action, my friend called too.

Flop was a beautiful 99Ar and my friend checked. The preflop raiser bet $4 and everyone folded to my friend who decided to just call. The turn was a K for the board of 99AK. My friend checked again, the raiser bet $10. My friend check raised an extra $15 and the raiser thought for a bit and called. The river is an Ace.

Board is 99AKA. You are in first position versus a preflop raiser w/ 2nd nuts. You are against an unknown player. My friend checked and the other guy checked and my friend won the pot of $75. Should he have pushed the rest of his money ($70) in on the river (other guy had him covered)? why or why not.

05-28-2002, 01:15 AM
He should bet because he's hoping to get called by an ace or aces full. Anyone without an ace is not going to bet for him anyway.

natedogg

nate-web@thegrovers.com

05-28-2002, 01:15 PM
I'd scoot it in the middle. If he's got quads, he's got quads, but most likely he has aces full and will call you. If you're afraid of Quads here, find another game. BTW, what did opponent show??

spanQy

05-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Opponent didn't show, so I assume KKxx. I imagine he would have bet AKxx and obviously AAxx. I later told my friend he should have gone all-in on the river, and he agreed. especially since he would have called an all-in bet anyway and the guy was much more likely to have AKxx. Thanks for the responses,

Jeff

06-03-2002, 12:22 AM
I would have to bet it all on the river. Very rare to see quads over quads even in Omaha. Not to say that it cant happen. However, I would have to see it laid down on me. I agree with an earlier poster if you are afraid of quad Aces at this point you are probably in the wrong game.

06-04-2002, 07:01 PM
He should have put more money in on the turn. Let's face it, your only going to get action from AA or KK and there is $33 in the pot. Those hands are not likely to fold with stacks this size for any amount. Why call the $10 and only put in $15 more into a now $43 pot?

Failing that, a bet should probably be made on the river since it is now more likely the guy has an AQ, AK, or KK, than specifically AA. Unfortunately KK may not even call you at this point.

06-17-2002, 10:09 AM
If he has the high quads, you're paying it off anyway, so that it irrelevant.

Only question is will he bet more often than call with weaker hands. That is the only reason for checking.

Most opponents would not value bet a hand they wouldn't call with here in my experience.

So, check only against a habitual bluffer...

KK is the key hand that he'll check behind you but might call with. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he had