PDA

View Full Version : Another question about PartyPoker's stupidity

M.B.E.
10-16-2004, 10:08 PM
The "Aussie Million Satellite B" awards one seat for every 21 entries. The number of entries, whenever I check, is always a multiple of 21. For example, tonight there are 42 entries. At first I thought it was just coincidence, but now I'm not sure. Do they just cut off entries at 42? That would be pretty stupid, but it is PartyPoker. The satellite isn't set to start for over an hour, but registration is closed.

TheTimeIsUp
10-16-2004, 10:23 PM
I don't think they just pikc a random number...
For example, if the big entry fee costed 210 to enter, then the qualifier would cost 10 and 1 out of 21 would get in, if it costed 5 then 1 out of 42, etc.

M.B.E.
10-16-2004, 10:52 PM
My question is, why did they close registration into the satellite when 42 people had entered? Especially since it was at least one hour before the satellite start time? I would have entered if registration had still been open, so that's $45 of pure profit Party is losing from me alone.

Alobar
10-16-2004, 11:36 PM
thats wierd, usually they take the remainder of the entry fees up to whatever number they award a seat for (in this case 21) and then award it to whatever place is one off from winning a seat.

boedeker
10-17-2004, 12:48 AM
they hand someone cancel. and then gave me his spot. dont look for these to be capped any more in the near future.