PDA

View Full Version : Why Was This Considered Spam?

banditdad
10-16-2004, 05:36 PM
If I post that XYZ site is offering a 35% bonus that is passing on information and considered ok. If I post that XYZ site is offering a 35% bonus and I will add to that if my affilaite code is used this is considered spam and bad. Can someone in a rational manner explain why? Under what economic model is offering people money they could not obtain otherwise a bad thing? Is it because I may benefit from it also? One of the people who was the angriest is also an affiliate of the same site, he routinely asks people to sign up using his name and offers them nothing in return. This is also considered ok? Personally I consider that to be extremely unethical.

If someone is going to sign up at a site and get a deposit bonus and they can get something extra that is not available to them otherwise how is that wrong?

I'm signing up at pokernow because I can use a code that will give me 20+20. I assume the person who posted that code is getting something for my sign up. And why shoudln't he? And why should I care?

Thythe
10-16-2004, 05:40 PM
If this was allowed there would be hundreds of posts every day offering different "deals." That would truly be terrible.

daryn
10-16-2004, 05:41 PM
the real issue is that in one case (posting w/ your affiliate code) you are actually using the forum for your own financial gain. that is against the terms and services.

if you just post about a site's offer, you're just informing people about an offer out there. you stand to gain nothing personally.

let's put it another way. say you owned partypoker, and they had a new reload bonus out. if you came here and posted about it, i would consider that spam. the only reason it might not be is if you had also paid for real ads on this site, like party presumably does.

lorinda
10-16-2004, 05:44 PM
And why shoudln't he?

Why should he use someone elses own commercial forum without paying the advertising costs?

Lori

Cubswin
10-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Is it because I may benefit from it also?

yes, end of discussion

banditdad
10-16-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the real issue is that in one case (posting w/ your affiliate code) you are actually using the forum for your own financial gain. that is against the terms and services.

if you just post about a site's offer, you're just informing people about an offer out there. you stand to gain nothing personally.

let's put it another way. say you owned partypoker, and they had a new reload bonus out. if you came here and posted about it, i would consider that spam. the only reason it might not be is if you had also paid for real ads on this site, like party presumably does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a rational response that makes sense. I don't know that I completely agree with it but I will respect it. I was not aware that I was in violation of the terms & conditions, (how many people actually read them?), and I will not make any such posts in the future.

Now does anyone know who I contact about buying one of those animated ads that run along the right side?

Cubswin
10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
you are actually using the forum for your own financial gain.

please note dayrn, a lot of us use these forums for our own financial gains vis-a-vis learning from other players etc etc... we just dont use these forums for our own commericial enterprises. boy am i being very knitpicky today /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cubs

Cubswin
10-16-2004, 06:05 PM
My latest PM from banditdad...

Were you born an [censored] or did you have to take lessons? Because you sure seem like you have your head up your ass.

I would answer you in public but I try not to encourage morons.

thanks for sending me the most entertaining PM i have ever received /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Homer
10-16-2004, 06:12 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=989329&Forum=

10-16-2004, 06:25 PM
***you are ignoring this user***

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lazymeatball
10-16-2004, 06:28 PM
oh yeah, that banditdad. hahahahahha

krazyace5
10-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Banditdad is not to bright, he was pming people derogatory messages to people on bonuswhores also.

banditdad
10-16-2004, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My latest PM from banditdad...

I would answer you in public but I try not to encourage morons.

thanks for sending me the most entertaining PM i have ever received /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey my pleasure. I'm sure someone, and I'm only assuming this from your name, who is a Cubs fan gets very little entertainment in their life.

Oh darn, I answered you in public. There I go breaking my rule about encouraging morons.

GrannyMae
10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
There I go breaking my rule about encouraging morons.
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

the entire content of the ZOO has changed as poker changed. gone are the days of poker playing advice, "rating pokerstars players", and discussing how paradise kicked ass with 800 real money players last night and "this is as good as it will get, poker will now decline" comments.

there are amazing strategy forums here that now cover the strategy posts better than we ever did here.

the ZOO has completely evolved. now, it is a forum about the *business* of internet gambling. i defy you to find a poster that is more on top of the business of internet gambling and its legislation than cubswin. his contributions clearly show us where we are at, and more importantly where things are headed.

there is nobody that has come close to providing this forum with this much quality information. many times, it is even delivered with commentary that is quite complex and insighful. point is that he is FAR from moronic.

when you send dickweed PM's, expect them to get posted. so, when you tilt, i suggest you flame him with a valid torch. the baseball part is certainly accurate. you should have built on that more and left the moron comment at the door.

daryn
10-16-2004, 08:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
you are actually using the forum for your own financial gain.

please note dayrn, a lot of us use these forums for our own financial gains vis-a-vis learning from other players etc etc... we just dont use these forums for our own commericial enterprises. boy am i being very knitpicky today /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree, but you know what i meant /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-16-2004, 08:24 PM
I have to agree with my dear friend Granny that Cubswin contributes MUCH valuable info to this forum. He and MicroBob are my favorite posters. I have to concede that his answer to banditdad that kicked off this pissing contest was perhaps just a tad brusque--unusual for him. . . /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Cubswin
10-16-2004, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with my dear friend Granny that Cubswin contributes MUCH valuable info to this forum. He and MicroBob are my favorite posters. I have to concede that his answer to banditdad that kicked off this pissing contest was perhaps just a tad brusque--unusual for him

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the kind words... i do reserve the right to be brusque when the situation warrants it.... im my opin this is one of those situations. he knew what he was doing was wrong, he knew why it was wrong and when he was called out he tried to play stupid and divert attention away from his own blunder. i reserve more forgiveness for those hit and run spammers who think this is just another forum... but posters with over 200 posts should know better.

cubs

TheGrifter
10-16-2004, 09:45 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu4.jpg

Homer
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu4.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you should have reserved that image for daryn.

TheGrifter
10-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Feel free to use it anytime.

banditdad
10-16-2004, 10:02 PM
I find it telling that out of 10 unique posters only Daryn bothered to actually reply to my question in a sensible and logical manner. I appreciate it. Since the original offending post was taken down the point is moot.

I find it interesting though that someone actually bothered to take the time to post: ***you are ignoring this user***

lorinda
10-16-2004, 10:05 PM
I find it telling that out of 10 unique posters only Daryn bothered to actually reply to my question in a sensible and logical manner

It was his turn.

Lori

GrannyMae
10-16-2004, 10:15 PM
It was his turn

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/spit.gif

nh