PDA

View Full Version : Party 30+3 TT Hand

Piiop
10-16-2004, 05:24 PM
I doubled up on the 2nd hand of the tourney. It was folded to me in MP3 with JJ and I raised to 50. Only the BB called and we got it all in on the turn with a board of J A 8 7, no help to him and sitting on 2000 chips by the 3rd hand.

This is the 5th hand of the tournament. My opponent limped once and folded on the flop and I haven't played with him before.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+2 (t1000)
Hero (t2000)
MP2 (t1180)
MP3 (t1255)
CO (t975)
Button (t1015)
SB (t985)
BB (t985)
UTG (t835)
UTG+1 (t985)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t75</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls t75, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t175) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, UTG+1 calls t125.

I thought his check was pretty strange and I didn't really know what to put him on. So, I bet.

Turn: (t425) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t200....</font>

Good bet/Bad bet? Anyone have any thoughts on UTG+1's hand?

<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t500</font>, Hero...

His check-raise left him with 285 in chips. Fold/call/raise him all-in?

Monster
10-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I think that he's ahead with a big pocket pair, including a club. You have 5 outs, so you should fold.

A 5x raise from early position shows a lot of strength. I would probably not have called it with TT. Given that you did, I think your post-flop bet was good, but perhaps you should have made it a little stronger. Your bet says, "if you haven't already made your hand, fold now." The fact that he doesn't fold would set off alarms in my head. After that I would just check and fold unless you improve to a set or a straight--I don't think a club helps you. UTG+1 did not behave as if he were concerned about another club coming out. If he were, he would have come out betting on the flop to prevent you from drawing out on him. Finally, your opponent's check raise was not intended to make you fold--he just wanted to extract more chips from you. I have no doubt that the rest of his chips were going in after the river card.